Is managing Exports your thing? Having a helicopter view, accuracy, communication skills and is pro-activeness part of your main competences? Do you like diversity in your daily routine? Then we are looking for you!
As a distribution specialist, you will be responsible for managing your own manufacturing warehouse by creating and booking shipments and level loading shipments. You will be the main point of contact when in execution. The majority of our customers are based in Asia, Middle East and Latin America. You will be based at the International Planning center in Zwolle. The primary task of the Distribution specialist is on time shipment execution and booking management (on time departure/on time arrival).
Core job responsibilities and tasks:
- Create inbound and outbound shipments in line with the shipment plan, transport capability and warehouse agreements
- Book shipments, with selected transportation providers, in a timely matter, using EDI communication and/or other means of communication
- Ensure shipment bookings are confirmed on the requested vessels/departure dates in order to meet the desired customer delivery dates and sales
- On a daily basis works with the assigned warehouse, international logistics, transportation suppliers and cross functional teams to coordinate operational execution
- Addresses and resolves any issues with delayed shipments in coordination with International Logistics and transportation suppliers
- Ensures prompt, accurate and efficient handling of communications and distribution processes to meet and maintain business excellence and compliance requirements.
- Ensures Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) targets are met
- Understands the impact of exceptions and communicates exceptions with the relevant stakeholders
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal (eg. Customer Operations, Logistics Analysts) and external parties (eg. Transportation providers)
- Functions as primary source for shipment related information for the Customer Service department, Transportation and other ALOG departments
- Helps to improve margin & profit for Supply Chain and drive continuous improvement for Abbott by collaborating with stakeholders around the world to identify improvements in the distribution processes
- Identifies problems, reports them to the manager and supports implementation of corrective action plans.
- Supports with identifying, improving and developing new and existing dashboards
32 - 0.
Over de werkgever
Is managing Exports your thing? Having a helicopter view, accuracy, communication skills and is pro-activeness part of your main competences? Do you like diversity in your daily routine? Then we are looking for you!Wat wij bieden
What do we offer?
A International Logistic company that provides a varied, challenging, and international position in a dynamic and pleasant working environment.
- Joining a young excited team
- Good career perspective
- Working fulltime (32-40)
- Salery between 2500-3000 based on your experience
- Region Zwolle
- Temporary contract (12 months) with proscpects to prolonging (tijdelijk dienstverband).
- HBO degree and preferrable experienced in an coordintating role
- Effective writing and oral communication skills in both Dutch and English (to facilitate information flow across internal and external supply chain partners)
- Creative, accurate and analytical problem-solving skills;
- Great communication and teamwork skills to facilitate good working relationships
- Positive flexible attitude, eager to learn and willing to go the extra mile in combination with a can-do mentality;
- Team player and open for changes.