Front End Developer, FinTech - Partner Payments
Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
Front End Developer - FinTech
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
Payments is an ever-changing, competitive and exciting industry. To accomplish Booking.com’s mission, we need to offer a frictionless payment experience to our guests and partners.
The Partner Payments track is responsible for ensuring smooth, accurate and timely payouts to Bookings partners and to build payout products that provide a great user experience and help partners grow their business.
We are looking for an experienced Front End Developer to strengthen our team. You’ll be a key part of the idea generation process. We work with small, startup-like teams that take full ownership of their part of our platform. You'll work side by side with designers, back end developers, product owners, copywriters and user researchers to conceive, analyze, code & test your ideas. You’ll be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting millions of users.
Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for detail, pragmatic approach and an absolute commitment to making sure features are well implemented and bug free. We make our decisions based on experiments and testing, so you should be excited by taking a data-led approach to development. If you believe you’re also a passionate advocate for the user, and are looking to work in an agile, collaborative environment then we would like to hear from you!
- Design and implement end-to-end product features in collaboration with UX Designers and BE Developers.
- Take ownership of sections of Booking.com's desktop, tablet and mobile web sites.
- Combine hands on coding with working on impactful project(s) and supporting other team members.
- Take initiative to address the larger technical needs of the product you work on and always keep the customer at the center of everything you do.
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through recruitment efforts and proactively share your knowledge to help your colleagues grow.
- 4+ years of experience as a Front end Developer in a commercial/product environment
- Experience with templating languages.
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code
- Experience troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc
- Knowledge of version control systems (git)
- Experience developing where Unit testing and Code reviews are a norm.
- Proficient with HTML 5, AJAX, Bootstrapping, HTML, HTTP and JSON.
- Comfortable working with legacy systems while building new solutions.
- Solid understanding of Agile practices
- Fast learner, be able to adapt quickly.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
What we offer
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime