Senior UX Writer - Accommodations
Job DescriptionAt Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Writer to join our UX Writing and Content Design organisation, in our Accommodations department. We’re a close-knit community made up of more than 50 writers. And we’re right there in the thick of it, collaborating on product design, development and data analysis.
You will work at the heart of our business in the Accommodations department, where our mission is to deliver the best value and easiest travel experience for our customers. You’ll have the opportunity to create products used by millions of travellers and partners around the globe across different platforms, from web to app.
In this role, you'll partner directly with highly iterative product teams, while enjoying the support, community and resources of a large, experienced UX organisation made up of nearly 200 writers, designers and researchers. You’ll report to the UX Writing Manager for your area who will support you in your growth and development.
Senior UX Writers at Booking.com are role models who lead by example and influence others to deliver quality, while considering the holistic user experience. You need to be an excellent communicator and collaborator – we work in a dynamic and diverse environment where inclusivity, openness and humility are key. You’ll be the go-to person in your area of expertise, responsible for balancing strategic and tactical initiatives and proactively identifying and tackling tricky UX problems. Almost everything you write will be translated into 44+ languages and dialects, and you’ll need to collaborate closely with internal stakeholders and other departments like Marketing, Brand and Legal to deliver at velocity and scale.
To learn more about working as a UX Writer at Booking.com check outB.Writes, our Medium publication.B.Responsible
- Write in a clear and concise way across online channels, platforms and end-to-end experiences to impact key business metrics
- Send copy to Language Specialists with sufficient context (conceptual and visual) for translating your ideas to local audiences
- Proactively identify strategic opportunities for improvement and innovation to support product goals
- Use qualitative and quantitative data, as well as key business metrics to measure the impact of your work and transform those insights into new iterations
- Collaborate with other UX Writers to ensure messaging is aligned across all touchpoints, in line with our craft standards and guidelines
- Work alongside Product Managers, UX Writers, Designers, Researchers, Developers and many others to develop and execute business strategy through your writing
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through recruitment, onboarding, mentorship and other career progression efforts.
- You have a minimum 5 years relevant experience in UX Writing – this includes past experience working in e-commerce or data-driven product teams. Candidates with experience coaching and mentoring others are preferred.
- You have a native level fluency in English
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates UX writing experience as well as your creative problem solving skills
- You’re a passionate advocate for users, dedicated to the craft of writing and creating elegant user experiences
- You write copy that is intuitive, futureproof and scalable
- You’re comfortable with each part of the writing and content design process – from brainstorming and researching to shipping products and iterating
- You are technically savvy, with an understanding of experimentation and deriving data and insights from quantitative and qualitative research
- You have a can-do attitude and work well independently and in a team
- You’re self-driven and take ownership of your ideas to solve challenging problems in an evolving environment
- You thrive on feedback, responding with creative thinking and iterations
- You enjoy working with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures and disciplines
- You have excellent communication skills and an eye for detail
- You are able to strategically prioritise multiple projects and stakeholders
This role is open to candidates worldwide. We provide assistance for you and your family (if applicable) with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Advancement via on-the-job opportunities, innovative projects, hackathons, conferences and active community support
- Performance-based company that offers career advancement, and competitive compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- 29 vacation days, discount on Booking.com accommodation
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture
- Be part of a truly international environment with diverse colleagues from every corner of the world in the home city of Booking.com
Please apply with your English CV and link your portfolio or writing samples. Samples should include UX/product writing work specifying your role and clearly defining problems, solutions and your UX processes.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime