As an Intellectual Property consultant your job is to liaise with ROYAL IHC's inventors to improve IHC's IP portfolio. You will work within the IP department at our location in Kinderdijk. At Royal IHC the IP department is responsible for a healthy IP portfolio for the whole IHC group in which patents are important IP for IHC. The department works as a team in which each member has its own responsibility. We are looking for someone to strengthen our enthusiastic team.
So are you an dynamic IP consultant who is enthusiastic about new technologies and gets energized from checking the novelty of technical inventions?
Then we are looking for you!
As IP consultant you will be responsible for:
- Evaluating IHC's new technology
- Interviewing inventors and business responsible persons
- Liaising with external patent attorneys
- Searching in patent data bases for comparable technology and compare this to the IHC technology
- Creating IP awareness in the IHC organisation in a pro-active manner.
- Assist inventors/engineers/colleagues to either further develop their innovative ideas or assist them when providing the initial information for protecting their ideas.
- You will work independently within a team, while you will should be able to communicate with your team members to enable team work.
- You should have a sharp eye to create Patent alerts and the reporting thereof.
- Read and translate patent-related information into insights for business and IP strategies
- Master degree (or comparable by work experience) in Offshore & Dredging Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Marine engineering, or other relevant field.
- Broad interest in technology.
- Capable to process multiple projects in parallel.
- Socially competent, independent, precise.
- Experience in patent searches or willing to do the course for patent information specialist.
- Ability to communicate in English and Dutch, other languages are a plus.
- You are customer oriented, cooperative, and innovative.
- Good/Excellent communication skills and being able to address different IP related matters to non-IP colleagues.
Royal IHC offers you:
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full-time job within a dynamic company. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
About Royal IHC
Royal IHC enables its customers to execute complex projects from sea level to ocean floor in the most challenging of maritime environments. We are a reliable supplier of innovative and efficient equipment, vessels and services for the offshore, dredging and wet mining markets.
With a history steeped in Dutch shipbuilding since the mid-17th Century, we have in-depth knowledge and expertise of engineering and manufacturing high-performance integrated vessels and equipment, and providing sustainable services. With our commitment to technological innovation we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world.
As an employer we pride ourselves in providing a challenging, diverse and development focused working environment. Besides a very generous benefits package we also equip our employees with excellent tooling.
Are you interested in the above position and want to become a member of the Royal IHC team? Please apply directly! For more information about the role, Royal IHC or the application process, please visit royalihc.com/careers or call our recruitment department on +31 (0) 88-015-4444.
Please note that an online assessment can be part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC does not approve of any commercial, contractor and agency acquisition via this job posting. Proposing candidates without explicit invitation to do so is not appreciate and will not be considered by Royal IHC and its affiliates. No commercial use of this advertisement is permitted.