Headquartered in Amsterdam, Booking.com, the flagship subsidiary of Booking Holdings, is the world’s largest accommodation booking platform. Through its world-class e-commerce platform, the company transacts around 1.5milion room night reservations per day, is active in over 200 countries and deals with customers in more than 40 languages, demonstrating a truly global presence.
The mission of Booking.Com is to “Empower People to Discover the World” and this is based on a fundamental belief that travel is a cause for good. The company is driven by the need to deliver 1st class customer service with a seamless and enjoyable booking experience at the heart of its delivery.
As part of our Connected Trip ambition, Booking.com wants to ensure that customers have peace of mind when booking their travel - particularly in uncertain times. Part of this ambition is the delivery of insurance products to give our customers assurance that there is protection, should anything happen.
Our Transportation unit already has a mature insurance business aimed at offering its car rental customers’ this peace of mind, and we are planning to use this as a springboard on which to build further. We seek to unify our insurance resources, and build a foundation on which to deliver insurance products to all of our segments, including: Accommodations, transportation, and attractions.
Booking.com has ambitious growth plans for the insurance business. Example opportunities include traditional areas such as travel protection, alongside new categories, such as home-sharing protection for our vacation rental segment.
The key strategic aims are to: Build an insurance operating model that can deliver to our insurance requirements, and to use this to expand and grow a global footprint of general insurance product offerings throughout the Group. Through innovation and industry sector knowledge and single-threaded focus, the challenge is to substantially enhance the group’s customer Insurance experience and drive a profitable account.
We are seeking insurance or financial services professionals to support the management of the existing products and ongoing initiatives, as well as the launch of new and innovative insurance products, with the overall goal of growing the global footprint of insurance product offerings at Booking.com
- Support the development of new and existing insurance products
- Management of projects by working directly with our tech, product, design, and copywriting teams to support the design and launch new products
- End-to-end ownership of complex initiatives with the ability to drive to a solution
- Lead the review of the commercial and product performance of the products and proposing future enhancements and iterations
- Support the identification & alignment on key dependencies between Insurance and other departments
- Work with third-party insurance carriers to development new product offerings
- Deliver output materials for business reviews, board updates, weekly updates
- Support the execution of the Insurance team’s strategic priorities
- Conduct market and competitor analysis, feeding this into the market strategy and product design
- Work with external advisors on the development of licensing and regulatory strategies, as well as new and ongoing compliance requirements
- Serve as the ‘bridge’ between the insurance industry and the non-insurance Booking.com business
- Create and/or oversee output materials for business reviews, board updates and leadership updates
- Support cross-functional initiatives
- Support internal Booking.com projects that are key enablers for the Insurance team
- Work hand-in-hand with other departments to deliver project outcomes
- Track and report on project statuses and results to Insurance management team
Skills & Experience
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent
- 3+ years experience within the insurance or financial services industry
- Experience working in a regulated industry, and understanding of risk management and compliance topics in this context
- Project management fundamentals
- Experience of working across multi-cultural geographies and targeting global launches / roll outs
- Ability to work across local jurisdictions and ability to pick up quickly on market practice
- Experience in managing cross-functional stakeholders with a particular focus on non-insurance experts
- Confident, clear and concise communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts in oral and written communications
- First class commercial problem solving, analysis and decision-making ability, with proven capability to take high levels of ownership and accountability and operate independently
- Ability to take ownership, entrepreneurial, proactive with a positive attitude, a self-starter
- Commercially minded, with experience of constructing and presenting business cases, supporting models, and financial projections
- Ability to distill complex business issues and strategies to highlight insights and actionable recommendations in a concise and persuasive manner
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime