Our Project & Program Management team is in the frontline of innovation, updating systems and launching new features like 5G and recently the "MultiSim" service with the new Apple watch 7. This team is centralized positioned within the Technology department of T-Mobile but in the end you do not see your fellow project managers that much.
You are most of the time your own shop holder to say it like that, you will work often cross functional and organizational, with various line managers or Architects executing the mandate given by the Portfolio managers within the PMO that receives all project initiatives.
As T-Mobile partly work with Agile and partly work in Waterfall methodology, we like to see that knowledge and experience in your profile. Projects are often technically oriented, so a background in Telecom is welcome, possibly as Technical Project Lead or Project Manager. However Telecom knowledge is not a "must have", we can see also background in Utilities, consumer industry etc. As long as it is most of the time IT/innovation related within your project management experience. Understanding of IT & Technology is beneficial.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Responsible for leading the deliverable of complex x-functional initiatives companywide (Projects, Epics) with high visibility and customer impact, meeting agreed business objectives, requirements, schedules, costs, business case, and quality objectives;
- Responsible to ensure the focus on the project/epic benefits is leading throughout the E2E project/epic lifecycle in the most effective and reliable way providing structure and transparency.
- Analyze project requirements and define project deliverables to meet the benefits identified; contribute to the definition of the business case and financial modelling;
- Manage financial budgets across multiple projects of work;
- Manage and be accountable to ensure all risks, issues and dependencies are identified, transparent and mitigations and actions are delivered in a timely manner;
- Manage expectations and enable effective steering, providing timely reporting and executive updates;
- Instrumental in the procurement and negotiation of 3rd party contracts and resources;
- Manage and approve project communications;
- T- Mobile of course and 2000 enthusiastic and driven possible future colleagues of yours! You know who we are!? T-Mobile Netherlands is the largest mobile provider locally, and part of one of the largest Telecom organizations globally. At this moment we are already five years in a row the best mobile network in the Netherlands and recently we have been awarded "Best in Test Global Mobile Benchmark" (by Umlaut)
- With our challenger mind-set we challenge ourselves and the market on a daily basis, to connect everyone with the possibilities of these days, continuously. Daring, responsible and working together; those are the key competencies of us all.
For these senior roles, we are thinking of at least 10 years of Project Management experience, in a diverse Project Management landscape. You have at least a relevant Bachelor degree with a clear interest and experience within IT & Technology change management environments.
Characteristically we like to see independency and a self-starting mentality. When you come from a very structured project management environment, this might not be the right job for you. As you need to execute resource management as well, you need to find your way within this organization on a swift and personal manner. Relationship capabilities, creativity and daring to dive in the deep so to speak is key, what we like to see in your project management experience.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and influencing skills at all levels including board/Executive committee, both within and outside of the organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytic skills;
- Advanced stakeholder management, and conflict management skills;
- Excellent motivational and coaching skills;
Ownership and entrepreneurship, Self-Starting characteristic are definite keys to be successful in this role.
Besides that we like to see clearly the following competencies:
- Results oriented,
- Customer focus,
- Organizational sensitivity,
Specific knowledge we like to see within your profile:
- Extensive knowledge of project management skills and techniques/processes (e.g. IPMA, Prince2 (Practioner!), Agile Project Management, SCRUM) and professional standards in the Project Management environment
- Excellent understanding of overall Business and Technology units with respect to processes, organization and way of working;
- Excellent knowledge of Risk and Stakeholder management techniques;
- Advanced leadership qualities and people management.
- Coaching and mentoring of teams;
There are many possibilities within T-Mobile, but you have to take the initiative. Be enthusiastic! Is something missing or could something be better? Go ahead, do it differently.
The first acquaintance with T-Mobile will probably be on your mobile phone:-) with a call from one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists or Talent Acquisition Managers!
After that, you can go for a digital interview and meet Paula, the manager of our Project & Program Management Team, and a colleague. Still enthusiastic? Then there will be a second substantive interview with two other team members or stakeholders, perhaps at the office if possible!
If you, and us, are even more enthusiastic after that, you will receive an offer and you can join Team Magenta!
Besides about 2000 enthusiastic colleagues, we also offer the following:
- Excellent salary
- Variable remuneration scheme
- Pension plan
- Personal learning budget
- T-Mobile subscription
- Freedom to work in the office & at home (hybrid)
For us, learning is just as normal as telephoning. You are responsible for your own development and you decide how, what and when you learn. We support you in this! Go to www.campus.t-mobile.nl for more information.
How do we do this?
You are in the lead, so we don't do old-fashioned performance interviews and assessments. You ensure that your manager and colleagues are aware of your goals and development. We call that Great Conversations, more information about this you can find on https://www.t-mobilecampus.nl/home/great-conversations/.
Are you as excited about us, as we are about this role? Great, then we're sure to be a good match! Applying for a job with us is very easy. Send your CV and motivation, using the application button and you will receive a call from one of our recruiters. If you're still not convinced, perhaps an introduction to our CEO https://t-mobile-hq.arbeidsmarktexperience.nl/ will help!