Senior Consultant - Blue Team
As we aim to rapidly grow our Cybersecurity, Forensics & Privacy practice, we are looking for experienced consultants who are passionate about how strategy and technology can improve the role of cybersecurity, privacy and data protection in our digital world.
Our team works on creating a more secure society for major international and local organisations. Together with 150 professionals in the Netherlands, you work on cutting edge projects covering the whole scope of cybersecurity. Ranging from Ethical Hacking to Threat Detection and Forensic Research; both preventing and solving cybercrime. Our competence team also encompasses Privacy, Compliance, Governance and Identity and Access Management professionals.
If you want to deep dive into the possibilities of a cybersecurity career at PwC, then take a look at: Technology_careers_PwC_Netherlands
Are you the next rising star in our defensive security team? Do you have experience as a technical specialist in blue teams with the aim to improve your organisation's resilience against cybersecurity threats and do you want to join our team?
You will have a number of responsibilities and we promise that no day as Senior Blue Team consultant will be the same. Your focus will consist out of the following tasks:
- Cooperate with our offensive security team on purple team engagements. You will proactively contribute suggestions on how to improve our clients' defences and strive for a solid symbiosis with our offensive security team members. You have a technical background, but you are aware of the processes and governance best practices to achieve long-term improvements for clients.
- You advise clients on topics, such as log management best practices, threat hunting, use case management and the optimisation of preventive and detective controls in a corporate IT landscape (for instance, along the lines of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework). You have the technical capabilities to implement and operate (but from advisory perspectives) monitoring solutions.
- You are a big "Bring-Your-Own-Ideas"-proponent: you are innovative and keep an eye on what is happening out there in the cyberworld. You think of effective defences to mitigate the effects of relevant Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures and technical (defensive) cybersecurity trends. You are intrinsically motivated to advise on new (commercial) tools and techniques to achieve cyber resilience, such as (but not limited to) User and Entity Behaviour Analytics, atomic testing, Security Orchestration and Response solutions and eXtended Detection Response solutions.
- Coach junior team members in the (defensive) security team.
- You build, maintain and lead the relationships with our clients.
For our clients, you will be a trusted advisor and help them to defend against advanced, motivated attackers. You will lead client discussions, do presentations and lead engagements to achieve technical resilience improvements. You will work closely together with our offensive security specialists. Last but not least: for your co-workers, you will proactively share knowledge and coach them to the next level.
You are an experienced professional, working in this specific domain for 3-5 years. Working in a blue team does not contain any secrets for you and your current colleagues often come to you when they encounter a problem. Preferably, you have experience as a senior consultant already or have experience with coaching other technical specialists.
Furthermore, You Have These Skills / Capabilities
- Deep understanding of attacker's Tools, Tactics and Procedures and active knowledge on how to build proper defences against them.
- Thorough understanding of detection, monitoring, Indicators of Compromise (IoC's), log management best practices, threat hunting, use case management and the optimisation of preventive and detective controls in a corporate IT landscape.
- Out-of-the-Box thinker, able to come up with new solutions when others fail (e.g.: "try harder" attitude).
- Preferably, you hold certifications that indicate you are a seasoned blue team specialist (such as GIAC SANS, Azure security - or specific monitoring solution certifications).
However, The Following Backgrounds Are Usual Suspects
We prefer er that you completed an academic education (either: BSc or MSc). In your resumé and motivation letter you will need to demonstrate that you mastered most / all of the aforementioned skills. We care more about your actual experience than your study background.
- Computer Science.
- Security and Network Engineering.
What Do We Offer?
- Various trainings and courses that contribute to your personal and professional development.
- An appropriate salary and extensive employment benefits. These benefits include a personal 'well-being budget'. This is a personal, annual budget of € 1000,- Euro that you can spend on your health, e.g., mindfulness, sports, lifestyle coaching, a second screen for your home office and noise cancelling headphones.
- Monthly internet allowance.
- A lease car or car allowance, laptop and an iPhone.
- 32 holiday days per year.
- Informal and interesting (virtual) events with colleagues.
Over de werkgever
De combinatie van mensen en technologie. Wij geloven dat je uitdagingen beter samen kunt aanpakken. Daarom bouwen wij aan diverse, ambitieuze teams, waarin je wordt uitgedaagd je hart en je waarden te volgen. We vinden het belangrijk dat iedereen zichzelf kan zijn en het gevoel heeft er echt bij te horen. En dat jij jouw unieke vaardigheden verder kan ontwikkelen met behulp van de nieuwste technologie. We nodigen je uit om deel uit te maken van ‘The New Equation’.
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime