Community and Events Manager
Community and Events Manager Job description
Are you someone with a wicked sense of humour who naturally connects with people that curate a thrive community in cities favourite hotspot?
Your mission should you choose to accept it:
Do you still have the student spirit, and you love to build a strong community? And can you make The Student Hotel Delft the favourite hotspot for our students and co-workers with events, lectures, movie nights, exhibits and parties? We’re looking for someone that is the open door to something beautiful; a new friendship, a collaboration or unforgettable experience. The Student Hotel Events & Community Manager gives our building a purpose and creates stories and adventures with and for, all of our guests.
In case you don’t know who we are:
TSH is a game-changer. Our unique hotel concept offers student accommodation as well as long and short stay options for students-at-heart, together with epic facilities and exciting co-working spaces. You can already find The Student Hotel in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, France and Spain. Now, with newly-opened properties in Delft and Bologna, our unique hospitality concept is truly taking root in the heart of Europe.
What will you be doing to make that happen
- You actively connect our semester, co-working, hotel and extended stay community.
- You set-up an ongoing program of events with and for our internal community.
- You are the eyes and ears of our community and will be the to go contact person in terms of events & community activations.
- Your programming could include art, lifestyle, fashion, media, sustainability and health events as well as a good old-fashioned Friday drink with the in-crowd.
- You build relations with partners to fill our annual calendar with on-trend/on-topic recurring events that appeal to a socially aware, trend-savvy local audience.
- You host and engage our local student ambassadors in order to support you as advisory board
- You create/collect & deliver digital content based on the marketing briefings (formats include text, video and images)
- You own and manage the local TSH social channels and operate them within the brand guidelines
- You attend and be an essential part of local network events
- You report to the General Manager of the hotel and have support contact with the Head of the Connectors on The Student Hotel HQ.
Who You Are
Your enthusiasm – for life, for inspiration, for new and untapped sources of amazement -- is contagious. As a creative, open-minded person you’re the glue that holds together our co-living, co-working, co-dining communities. You have a hyper-connected network and your positive attitude works as a magnet to attract the neighborhood locals, urbanites, local entrepreneurs, fashion icons and media personalities to our spaces. People don’t like you, they love to be with you!
- An outgoing and confident personality. You kill it in front of an audience.
- You are thé connector: you have a natural interest and love to be around and with people.
- Professional & responsible enough to work independently in a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic atmosphere.
- Super social, always flexible, incredibly motivated and never without a sense of humor.
- A visionary – you already have a couple of AMAZING ideas how to grow the company’s connector strategy.
- You have a diploma. Or not. Convince us you’re smart, engaging, confident and a hard worker, one way or another.
- Super communicative
- A great entrepreneurial spirit
- Extremely calm under pressure
- Exceptionally organized
- Fluent English (written and spoken), other languages are a bonus
- You're a great communicator, fluent in Dutch and English - other languages are a plus
- A Dutch or EU residence/work permit required
What We Offer
- An amazing work environment with a fantastic vibe and lots of positive energy
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation; we’re a real game changer in the hospitality industry
- TSH cares and gives you access to facilities including a great canteen, gym and awesome regular events
- Ready, set, grow! You’ll get the chance to learn and grow in your role, collaborating with other talented people that will challenge you every day
- You’ll receive a competitive salary and all the tools you need for your job
We want you to be you. No uniform, tattoos are cool, your hairstyle is yours, not ours. Basically, we don’t want to change who you are because we think the best hospitality comes from people who can be themselves and show customers their personality. Our team is diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, culture and personality type. That’s what makes our team so special.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime