Cardiac Rhythm Management and Cardiac Diagnostics & Services Technical Service Specialist patient management
Careers that Change Lives
At Medtronic, we strive without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products and processes. To help ensure our patients safety and health, we closely monitor and report on our products’ performance. The Technical Services department in Heerlen is responsible for addressing clinical/technical product inquiries for Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The Cardiac Rhythm Management and Cardic Diagnostics & Services Technical Services Specialist position is office based (on-site and remote) and you will be responsible for providing remote technical support (phone, e-mail) for the CRM & CDS businesses. This position requires up to 10% travel.
We invite both experienced professionals and recent graduates to apply for this position.
A Day in the Life
For this position, we expect you to be a medical technical professional with a passion for helping our CRM & CDS patients, who have an implanted pacemaker, defibrillator or alike product. Our team consists of an implantables team that supports devices and a patient management team. This position is in the patient management team.
Patient management supports the internet based Carelink system, which connects the patients to the health care professionals, and all systems to program and connect the pacemakers to Carelink. This includes patient monitors, apps, programmers and tablet-based programmer related questions. You should be customer focused and have excellent communication skills to explain complicated technical issues to health care professionals. Furthermore, you should use your communication skills to collaborate effectively with various teams to improve our products and processes.
Your main tasks and responsibilities include:
• Provide world class technical support to our customers;
• Serve as a technical liaison between our stakeholders and the strategic business unit in the USA
• Provide training to internal and external customers;
• On-call availability between 7AM-7PM (availability rotates between colleagues)
• Bachelor or master’s degree in (biomedical/electrical/mechanical) engineering, or health-related degree with demonstrated technical skills;
• Experience with working in a medical technical environment is desirable;
• Experience with analyzing technical issues and processes for continuous improvement;
• Fluency in English is a must. Fluency in Dutch and/or another European language is a distinct advantage.
To be successful in this role you recognize yourself as a:
• Self-starter, and a decision-maker;
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• You are a distinct standout colleague, who’s able to establish relationships with colleagues in other countries and departments;
• Handling several tasks, priorities and projects at once poses no problem for you and you can work well in a high pace environment;
• Your excellent communication and presentation skills enable you to energize your audience and inspire change.
This position is based in Heerlen, the Netherlands. We are preferably looking for candidates who live in this region.
In our 5th Tenet of our Mission we recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
Also a competitive package is of course part of that. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our employees:
• Flexible working environment;
• Annual Incentive Plan % depending on company results;
• Pension scheme and group discount on healthcare insurances
• Training possibilities via Cornerstone/Harvard Manage Monitor/GetAbstract
• Employee Assistance Program and Recognize! (our global recognition program)
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the
Founded in 1949 as a medical repair company, we're now among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 86,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your own career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.Additional Information