In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead your own product line business. You will be driving ongoing business and identify future growth opportunities. You will be a key player in the definition, development, and introduction of new propositions, products, and digital services within one of the core categories in Kitchen Appliances.
You are responsible for
• Contribute to the growth of your designated product category within Food Preparation and define its roadmap for growth.
• Actively drive and plan success for your product line business: Consumer and market understanding and competitive analysis, growth strategies, pricing & cost reduction, long term supply planning.
• Steer the Idea to Market process from start to end, taking initial ideas through to value proposition and solution development towards market introduction.
• Interact and build plans for the category with various disciplines including Innovation, Technology & Development departments, Country sales organizations, Design, Manufacturing units or external suppliers, Marketing departments, Supply & Operations.
• Engage on a regular basis with our marketing teams in key markets to ensure fit to local needs and launch success
You are a part of
the Kitchen Appliances team in Amsterdam, reporting to the Business Category Leader. Next to your R&D partners in Hong Kong and Austria, you will be working in a network of stakeholders based in both the Netherlands (e.g. product manager team, marketing communication team, market intelligence specialists) and in the countries (e.g. marketing specialists).
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• MA/BA in economics, business or related field.
• At least 5 years of experience in an international business environment in the field of brand / category management & innovation.
• Ability to transfer consumer insights into strong value propositions, define product strategy and roadmap.
• Ability to think and plan end to end, see from concept creation all the way in the market post purchase experience and recommendation.
• Experience with product development, product launches and building digital consumer experience.
• Passion for home-made food and different cuisines around the world
• Can-do, hands on attitude, with natural team playing skills and a flair for finding solutions and making things happen.
• Ability to work in fast growing and competitive market context
• Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
In return, we offer you
a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.