Are you an expert in biodegradation testing of chemicals? Are you looking for a new challenge in an international team of highly skilled researchers? If so, then we are looking for you!
Fulltime, Deventer, the Netherlands
Gross annual salary including holiday pay: EUR 40.000 - EUR 55.000
The production and widespread use of chemicals in different industrial and domestic applications lead to the introduction of these chemicals into nature through discharge of wastewater or by direct applications. Biodegradation is regarded as the most important process in reducing chemical concentrations in the environment. The fate of chemicals in the environment is assessed by performing biodegradation tests.
Part of Nouryon’s Expert Capability Group (ECG), the Environmental Chemistry laboratory is specialized in performing biodegradation tests according to international standard guidelines and under the Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) quality system. Results from biodegradation testing and research find use in substance profiling including classification and labelling, registrations, notifications, risk assessments and contribute to Safety Data Sheet (SDS) production.
As Environmental Microbiologist, you will independently execute, analyze and interpret guideline tests and research regarding the environmental fate of Nouryon’s substances and products. You will provide fundamental microbiological and analytical results in projects and studies using the OECD biodegradation screening tests and a range of analytical techniques and instruments.
• Are responsible for the daily operation (including maintenance) of biodegradation tests.
• Advise on best strategies for biodegradation testing.
• Are responsible for maintenance of GLP items and procedures for the tasks appointed.
• Are responsible for the quality and timely reporting of the results.
Nouryon in Deventer
Our Deventer site consists of a knowledge center with over 200 highly qualified R&D employees. In addition, RD&I Deventer accommodates a number of independently operating research laboratories that are part of the Nouryon businesses as well as laboratories that are part of the Expert Capability Group (ECG) providing support in analytical, material and environmental sciences to the businesses worldwide. The business RD&I teams and the ECG’s work as partners in the Business Innovation Teams, delivering expertise in particular fields of science and technology that are critical to the business innovation programs. Furthermore, the Complex Organics Plant – a small production unit producing highly complex chemicals – is situated in Deventer.
Have you got what it takes?
To qualify for the role, you have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Analysis, Microbiology or Biotechnology. You are seasoned in guideline testing (OECD, OPPTS, ISO etc.). Furthermore, you have experience with biodegradation testing, environmental analytics and good laboratory practice (GLP).
Next to this, you:
• Are familiar with microbiological laboratory techniques (enrichment cultures, media preparation, oxygen measurements, etc.)
• Fully understand the Good Laboratory Practice principles and preferably are GLP trained.
• Are a motivated, enthusiastic, able to work independently and as part of a team, keen to learn and to participate in the challenges ahead.
• Are accurate (attention to detail), have a hands-on mentality, and an analytical-, result- and customer-oriented mind set.
• Have excellent communication skills (oral and written).
• Are fluent in English (verbal and written) and Dutch (or willing to learn).
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
• A permanent contract
• A competitive salary
• 35 holidays
• An attractive end-year bonus
• An excellent pension plan
• The option to participate in a collective health insurance
• Training opportunities
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nouryon as Environmental Microbiologist?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page, and upload your CV and job specific cover letter. Any questions? Then contact Rob Sanders, Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: applications via email will not be taken into consideration.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.