Postdoc Circular polymer materials
Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
In polymeric materials, a fundamental transition is required from synthesis out of fossil-based feedstock and one time use to continuous re-use of polymeric products. In this project, the focus of the research will be on existing polymers as well as on designing and synthesis of novel polymeric structures more amenable to recycling, including smart new monomers that can switch between polymerized and depolymerized states, using energy efficient processes. Furthermore, the goal will be a full understanding of performance profile of new materials and in particular elucidation of structure-property relationships by means of various characterization techniques. The key is incorporation of suitable degradable functional groups or smart monomers into the polymers in their design stage (”design for recycling’’ approach).
- We seek highly talented, motivated, and enthusiastic candidates with an PhD degree in polymer chemistry, organic chemistry, or a related discipline.
- The successful candidate has a solid background in polymer and organic chemistry.
- Good communication skills, the candidate needs to be fluent in English.
- Strong motivation to do original, fundamental research in an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience with the synthesis and characterization of polymers or organic molecules is essential.
- A research oriented attitude.
- Ability to work in a team.
- An interview and a scientific presentation are part of the selection process.
- We offer a challenging job in a dynamic and ambitious, multidisciplinary research team in the Polymer Performance Materials group of the Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry at Eindhoven University of Technology.
- A full-time employment for 2 years.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for research and valorization, professional development courses for PhD students, and didactical courses of the TEACH training program.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
Informatie en sollicitatie
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more? Please contact
prof.dr. Željko Tomović, z.tomovic[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 5294.
For information about terms of employment, please here or contact Leo van Houten. HR Advisor, l.v.houten[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 8269.
Further information about Eindhoven University of Technology and the department of Chemical Engineering & Chemistry can be found at www.chem.tue.nl.
Please visit www.tue.nl/jobs to find out more about working at TU/e!
We invite you to submit a complete application by using the 'apply now'-button on this page.
The application should include a:
- An application letter that outlines your qualification, interest and motivation for this position
- A CV with details on education, employment, publications, and research experience, as well as contact information for two referees
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
We do not respond to applications that are sent to us in a different way.
Keep in mind that you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If necessary, please combine files.
Please send your application documents before December 15, 2021. Review of applications will start as soon as applications are received and will continue until the position has been filled.
Solliciteer nuStuur door
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist