Junior Fullstack Developer (Teamwear app)
At adidas, our love for sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a shoe more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don't just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics. We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it's hard work inventing the future of sport, and that's why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
We believe that through Sport, we have the power to change lives.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers and the best way to accelerate building direct relationships is through Digital.
As a member of adidas engineering serving our Global Team Sports business you will help us build the next generation of adidas platforms supporting our team wear business.
We are looking for a Junior Fullstack Engineer to join our team of engineers in Amsterdam.
Are you ready to live a once in a lifetime experience?
- Build React apps in browser and the family of Node.js microservices that support them
- Be a guardian of quality in your team
- Maintain constant awareness of security issues (OWASP).
- Think like an architect and guide the architectural development of the apps you own
- Mentor less experienced engineers
- Play, experiment, and take calculated risks
- Operate in a highly agile, devOps model.
- Deploy your own software using Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Start, or grow in your mastery of functional programming
AS PART OF THE TEAM, YOU WILL:
- Work closely with your colleagues in Amsterdam, Portland and Bogotá
- Collaborate with other adidas engineering teams to execute designs across the enterprise
- Work with solution architects to turn specifications into working systems
- Describe and organize technical work to get the best out of your team.
- Contribute to creating a culture of psychological safety
- Learn constantly, teach others what you know and be honest about what you don’t
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience in aligning, documenting and driving the execution of long running initiatives across distributed and international teams.
- Experience designing and building distributed systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (English), especially when interacting and collaborating with different levels of business and external vendors.
- Ability to cope with change, come up with proposals, make decisions as one team and act comfortably with risk and uncertainty.
- Ability to work in highly complex projects on a global level.
- Experienced engineer with background or focus on Frontend andBackend Components.
- Expert knowledge in designing and operating HTTP APIs.
- You have a knack for distributed systems – shared nothing rings a bell.
- First-hand experience working with containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- You are familiar with a range of common software design and architecture paradigms.
- Redis? Postgres? Knowledge of database technologies is a must.
- Profiling, Tracing and Runtime Metrics are common tools you use and rely on.
- You’re experienced using and maintaining CI/CD environments, Issue Trackers and Pull-Request based workflows.
- You’re no stranger to testing what you’ve built – whether that’s by using tools like Postman or JMeter or other technologies like Cucumber is secondary.
FROM US YOU WILL GET:
- 12-month contract and then, indefinite contract
- A choice between MacBook Pro and Windows laptops
- Mobile smartphone
- Flexibility to work from home or the newly renovated Amsterdam headquarters (when restrictions are lifted)
- 28 days paid holidays per year
- Online and offline education resources, like Udemy and LinkedIn Learning
- On-site gym
- Employee discount on adidas products
- Collective insurance discount
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted lunch at the office
IS THIS JOB FOR ME?
Are you excited about the latest technologies? How about applying them on a global scale?
Are you genuinely passionate about producing high-quality, scalable, and observable applications and proud to share your hard work with family and friends?
Be a part of our team of hands-on engineers who believe in testing and automating everything. We are constantly learning, ever growing and always eager to do things better.
WHAT IF I DON'T CHECK ALL THE BOXES?
It is ok if some of the technology or terminology mentioned here are new for you. We will happily teach you. We are looking for people with well-rounded experience in everything to do with the web.
At adidas, we are keen to increase our team’s diversity of backgrounds and skills, and we are more interested in the work you will produce than that work you have already produced in the past. If you would love to work with us, then we would love to hear from you.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden