User Interface Designer /// Native Apps
USER INTERFACE DESIGNERNATIVE APPS /// ONLINE TO OFFLINETHE OPPORTUNITY
As a native App UI Designer at adidas you are responsible for creating high quality interface designs and for driving the continuous improvement of mobile applications. You will work closely with Brand Design, Experience Design specialists and Product teams to drive a best-in-class user experience on in store screens, tablet and mobile platforms. For this purpose you will leverage your skills in front-end app design including expert knowledge on native app user interface guidelines.
In the Online to Offline team, you will work on improving the customer journey in and around the adidas retail stores.Key responsibilities:
Scope: Accountable for specific UI deliverables & services
- Create user interfaces on all devices based on input from the Experience Design team and from the consumer.
- Design and implement new templates for native apps and instore screens.
- Document validated UI standards using GDEG (Global Digital Experience Guidelines).
- Implement a consistent design language across our digital platforms that the design community will adhere to.
- Work in close collaboration with Experience Designers in providing an outstanding experience for the consumer.
Interface Implementation & Optimization
- Identify design opportunities to improve usability online.
- Contribute to the user interface backlog for adidas ensuring that UI standards are reflected in digital products.
- Test and validate UI designs prior to release, ensuring that the UI and business requirements are met.
- Optimize digital experiences by creating visuals and prototypes to support online and offline testing, including A/B tests.
- Monitor design, digital and ecommerce trends. Apply findings to experience design concepts in order to maximize the value for the consumer and for the company.
- Contribute to the Experience Design community, sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Consult stakeholders within your scope of deliverables on User Centric Thinking and UI topics. Define respective digital solutions.
- Conduct UI reviews. Provide advice on UI and usability topics.
- Provide hands-on UI support on concept direction considering overarching best practices.
„If required“ Responsibilities
- Contribute to the component library to ensure style standards will be adhered to.
- Collaborate with UX and UI designers to visualize complex concepts in the form of working prototypes for user testing purposes.
- Contribute to the development of the UX/UI designers’ design skills.
- Be the contact for front-end design topics within your scope of deliverables.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Create a supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and DBC objectives.
Education & Experience
- Degree with focus on Digital Design, IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a digital and/or eCommerce environment
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your attention to details
- Experience in working with brands
- Used to designing with style guides Experience as an functional expert within the area of User Interface Design for native Apps (iOS & Android) and Digital Retail is a big plus
- Basic leadership experiences are a plus
- Good communication and presenter skills
- Ability to sell your designs and explain your decisions
- Consistency across designs while maintaining a creative approach
- Creative and energetic team player who has a passion for user-centered design
- Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies
- Experience in product management and working in an agile/SCRUM mode
- Good working knowledge of native interface guidelines and know what’s possible to achieve across native apps
- Solid understanding of the native app environment, GUI (screen layouts and composition) and style guide applications
- Solid understanding of the native app environment, GUI (screen layouts and composition)
- Experience in design tools like Figma, Sketch and other relevant wireframing and prototyping tools
- Fluent English both verbally and written
At adidas we believe that through sport, we have the power to change lives.
There’s plenty of change around right now as workouts move from the gym to the garage and we take a timeout from many of the activities we’re passionate about.
Our ambition is to be the best sport brand in the world and with that comes plenty of challenges. We thrive on solving these with the imagination and experience of our incredible teammates.
We’re all on the home team for now — we’d love for you to join ours. WHAT YOU’LL GET
We get it, you want to know more than what we stock the fridges with. We asked our teammates for their favourite things about life at adidas, they said: the collaborative, supportive culture, the amazing team, and the sense of pride and purpose in their
work. You’ll get all that, plus:
• Generous employee discount on our brands
• Fitness activities
• Opportunity to work for a truly global, multicultural team
• Learning and development support
• Discounted health insurance HOW TO APPLY
Please note: though our teammates hail from all corners of the world, our working language is English so this is a requirement for all roles.
Hit ‘Apply’ and submit your CV along with a portfolio or samples of work that showcase your craft expertise.
If you’re a good fit for the role we’ll reach out to chat.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden