Internship - Global Product Supply [6 months]
With sport playing an increasingly important role in more and more peoples’ lives, both on and off the field of play, we operate in a highly attractive industry. Based on our deep understanding of our consumer and the authenticity of the adidas brand, we push the boundaries of products, experiences, and services. We do so according to our strategy, which allows us to fully capitalize on the acceleration of favorable long-term structural trends.
‘OWN THE GAME’
‘Own the Game’ is our strategy that guides us through to 2025 – a plan rooted in sport. Sport is adidas’ past, present, and future.
Our purpose: Through sport, we have the power to change lives
Our mission: To be the best sports brand in the world
Our attitude: Impossible is nothing
An internship at adidas provides you with a unique opportunity to apply what you have learned at university, use your knowledge in practice and live your passion for sports.
Join the Global Product Supply Team!
This internship is about learning integrated purchasing and global supply planning in line with market requirements, supplier capabilities and company availability targets to best service global demand. Learn to work across functions to solve planning and purchasing related issues, identify risks and opportunities and mitigate potential delays.
- Learn the buy decisions in line with the supply plan and respecting Market SLA’s
- Learn allocation of global demand to the appropriate factory.
- Learn business control process for relevant area; translate risks and opportunities into actions following business principles
- Support Supply Review with relevant Liaison Office (LO) to ensure optimized use of capacity, understand supply constraints, delivery performance development and ensure risk mitigation plans are in place
- Support execution of level loading processes i.e. Make-to-Forecast (MTF), Pre-season activities and Pull forward process (PF)
- Learn the executing and distribution of operational reports
- Student of Bachelor or Master studies in SCM and/or business management.
- Enrolled in University/College for the complete duration of the internship (6 months)
- Understanding of supply chain principles
- Good team player and flexible to work cross functionally to achieve goals and objectives.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Affinity with large data sets e.g. Reporting
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to different groups
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Emphasis on Excel).
- Fast learner for IT systems (e.g.: ERPs and BI tools)
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
- Pro-active, curious, self-motivated and career ambitious.
- Application Deadline: 31st October 2021
- Start Date: 1st March 2022
- Duration: 6 months [1st March 2022 – 31st September 2022]
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Submit your resume and, instead of a traditional cover letter, please submit your personal adidas 1-pager and show us your authentic self and what makes you passionate about joining the brand and this role. The only requirement is that the adidas 1-pager is submitted as a PDF. Inside of it, you can use any format such as print, visual, written, digital, a link, etc.
- Please apply in the same language as the job description
- Be aware that incomplete applications will not be considered
Wat wij bieden