Global Compliance Model Validator
Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
Global Compliance Model Validator
Imagine you are able to apply your in-depth knowledge of modelling to perform oversight on the models Rabobank uses to protect itself and society against money laundering, terrorism financing, and breaches of sanctions. We are a world-wide organisation and rely crucially on the quality of our models to prevent and detect these compliance risks. Together with the Global Compliance Model Validation team, you will be responsible for validating these models and their changes from a Compliance perspective, ensuring that their quality is of the highest standards.
Making a difference
- As a Global Compliance Model Validator you are part of a multidisciplinary team of professionals assessing models used by the Rabobank Group to protect its clients and transactions from money laundering, terrorism financing and breaches of sanctions;
- You provide oversight over the model landscape across the Rabobank Group, including both our Retail and Wholesale & Rural business lines;
- You pro-actively advise and challenge the business in its modelling activities, striving for the highest standards in model quality, maintenance and change processes;
- You have a critical mind-set and are familiar with working in an complex stakeholder field;
- You are a strong sparring partner for our stakeholders (including model developers and business managers), with thorough knowledge of modelling techniques, the business and the relevant laws and regulations;
- You get energy from working in an inclusive team, with colleagues who have diverse backgrounds and expertise.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We cooperate closely with the other Model Validation teams within Rabobank. With you as an Compliance Model Validator, the Global Compliance Model Validation team will consist of 12 diverse colleagues. Our team is part of the broader Global CAMS department consisting of over 80 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, creating insight into and monitoring of unusual customer activity.
Jeroen Goudsmit: “Our colleagues in the first line are working on building high-quality models to detect & prevent Compliance risks. Our second-line contribution lies in driving a science-based and honest conversation on the choices that come with that modelling process. I really enjoy the close cooperation within our team, which allows us to perform in-depth analyses on varying types of models and to convey the resulting key risks to senior management.”
Customer focus, problem solving, partnership and initiative are clearly essential for the role of Global Compliance Model Validator. In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the requirements below:
- You have a Master’s degree or a PhD in a STEM-field, or a post-graduate degree in an Audit-related field;
- You have excellent communication, writing & reporting skills in English;
- You have at least 8 years of experience as a model validator in the financial sector. Alternatively, you have comparable experience as a (delegated) model owner, developer, and/or auditor;
- You are analytically strong, a team player and a self-starter;
- You have affinity with programming (for instance in Python or R);
- You have affinity with the topic of preventing money laundering, terrorism financing, and sanction breaches. Experience with model development or validation in this domain, for instance in Transaction Monitoring or Name Screening, would be a plus.
Growing a better world together
You already know that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways:
- Thanks to an agreement with the UN World Food Programme, more agricultural products are purchased from small farmers in Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia. We aim to expand this platform to include one and a half million farmers in 25 countries by 2030;
- Together with the World Wildlife Fund, we're helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil;
- An innovative fund was set up in Ireland to help dairy farmers become less dependent on income from milk sales.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between € 5300,- and € 7600,- based on function group 11 depending on education, knowledge, and experience;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (depending on function group). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3,5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a CAMS Officer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply via the “Apply now” button.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Jeroen Goudsmit (Compliance Model Validation) via Jeroen.email@example.com
- Sven van Buuren, the recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Sven.van.Buuren@rabobank.nl
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden
€ 5.300,- tot € 7.600,-