Applied Scientist - Earner
About the Role
The Earner team supports the global Driver and Courier base that works with Uber to move riders and deliveries quickly and reliably. An enormous number of products, models, and algorithms contribute to making a great earnings experience for earners, and we're looking for another talented Applied Scientist to help us make this better.
What You'll Do
- Design incentives algorithms for new earners as they onboard
- Conduct experiments (both vanilla A/Bs as well as more sophisticated, advanced designs)
- Build new app experiences to help earners use their own data to better understand their earnings and earnings strategies
- Analyze data to direct strategy and build understanding on key topics
- Strong experience working with SQL and Python/R
- Deep background in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Masters+ in Economics, Optimization, Operations Research, Statistics, CS, etc)
- Excellent judgement on which statistical skills to apply to which business problems to create value
- Demonstrated ability to use data to create insightful viewpoints using rich data sets
Nice to Haves
- PhD in Economics, Optimization, Operations Research, Statistics, CS, etc
- Experience with HiveQL, Java, and/or Go
- Experience building high performance algorithms in production
- Experience designing non-standard experiments, using techniques like Synthetic Control, Switchbacks, and statistical corrections for bias and variance
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime