Hotel Manager Job description
Your mission should you choose to accept it…
As a real teamplayer and captain, you are responsible for the daily operations of The Student Hotel. You oversee the implementation of operational procedures including conversions. You manage and lead your teams towards quality and great financial results.
You are that enthusiastic leader, who helps out and direct the teams to build, maintain and develop a vibrant community. To do so, you are commercially driven and able to implement new ideas.
At the same time down to earth, managing a P&L and ensuring processes and efficiency are part of the daily routine. You are driven to support and challenge the brand propositions through sharing best practice revenue generation, profit conversion, guest satisfaction and team member retention.
In case you don’t know who we are:
Our unique model offers long stay (student and co-living) and short stay (hotel) options for our guests, together with market leading co-working spaces and epic facilities. We believe in creating a fun, creative and inspiring environment where everyone can live, work, play and grow. We activate this community to encourage connections and help each other grow. We achieve this by offering award winning communal spaces with a wow-factor combined with our exceptional international team of lively, smart and motivated people that embrace the student spirit and bring it to life every day.
What You’ll Do
You'll be responsible for these 5 different - but equally important - corner stones of the hotel:
- Running the hotel smoothly by guiding and shaping standard operating procedures
- Checking and monitoring hotel security, follow up on our house rules and policies
- Making sure all spaces in the hotel look neat and tidy at all times
- Managing daily operations including F&B and Co-working facilities in quality, service and results
- Carry out a CSR strategy in alignment with company strategy
- Connecting with the TSH community and serve as an internal and external networker
- Identifying opportunities to create memorable guest experiences and involve the right teams
- Managing local partnership and our TSH Connector in our Amsterdam location
- Identify and act upon opportunities to achieve maximum revenue in collaboration with the local revenue and sales team
- Managing forecast and cost actively and deliver positive results on P&L
- Weekly sales and monthly profit monitoring to identify and manage areas of opportunity and risk
- Leading by example: we love our team members, make them feel special and engaged!
- Responsible for active talent search, interviewing, hiring, training and coaching TSH assistant manager and team members
- Preparing work schedules and manage FTE level according to annual budget
Quality & Improvement
- Handling, reporting and redirecting all kinds of guest or team member questions, remarks and complaints as well as technical issues to maintain / increase quality
- Analysing quality check results and identify opportunities to improve guest satisfaction
- Ensuring security and emergency procedures are in place as required by company policy and/or federal and state regulations
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor or Master Degree (Hospitality and/or Management studies)
- You have at least 4 years of management experience (preferably some years in a hotel environment)
- You are all about solutions and connecting the right people
- You are courteous, professional and ready with a smile for team members, guests and random strangers alike.
- You deal with stressful situations in a stress-free manor and bring calm and a sense of ‘I’ve got this’ to every situation.
- You’re a team player and work hard to inspire and guide your team members to excellence.
- You have exceptional English and Dutch communication skills, all other languages very welcome!
- You live (or want to live) in Delft region
- A Dutch work permit is required
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, multi-national company. Not just another hotel, we’re a game changing innovator, challenging every convention and defining the future.
- The chance to learn and grow in your role, with the potential for future growth
- Awesome discounts in all our properties in Europe, for you and your friends and family!
A wonderful workplace to call home, events, fun colleagues, and all the amazing salary/benefits stuff
We want you to be you. No uniform, tattoos are cool, your hairstyle is yours, not ours. Basically, we don’t want to change who you are because we think the best hospitality comes from people who can be themselves and show customers their personality. Our team is diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, culture and personality type. That’s what makes our team so special.
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime