LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challResenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year.This is the role
The Product Team Analyst is a key position in the discovery and delivery of business solutions from information technology. The Product Team Analyst, through continuous consultation with the functional areas, has a deep understanding of business operations and is capable of articulating solutions in business terms and not technical jargon. They are capable of envisioning potential value for new IT solutions. While a Product Team Analyst has a deep understanding of specific business areas, that expertise is set into a broader context of understanding of the business processes and technical capabilities that may cross functional boundaries.
The Product Team Analyst is an individual contributor who is responsible for helping with gathering of business requirements to ensure business objectives are met by IT solutions and is team member during the design, development, execution of projects. The Product Team Analyst must ensure the full systems lifecycle process is adhered to, overseeing solutions through the entire implementation process. They must be proficient in Project Management disciplines from requirements gathering through implementation of the functional solution. The Product Team Analyst advocates for their clients and acts as the single point of contact for incident management, new services and resource allocation.
This position reports to the IT Product Team Manager – Engineering and Plant Capital and supports other Product Team Analysts and COE Technical resources. They are responsible for developing and maintaining a trusted business relationship driving the greatest possible business value from IT investments.This is what you will do
• Acts as a lead consultant and subject matter expert on Engineering and Plant Capital business processes and related solutions.
• Works closely with business colleagues, to quickly understand new requirements or problems, and then suggest a possible solution.
• Gathers and performs thorough analyses of all the information available.
• Helps develop business cases, considers financial, resource and technological constraints; develops cost estimates with consideration to business impacts and risks.
• Leads solution design activities with client groups in a specific business area to create and to document the business requirements.
• Creates solution documentation to ensure approved requirements are met.
• Oversees and follows up enhancements and small projects implementations and makes sure they are on schedule.
• Demonstrates leadership by coordinating the requirements, specifications, and user acceptance testing efforts.
• Consults with the business colleagues on appropriate change management activities to achieve organizational readiness for the implementation of changes.
• Develops unit test cases and performs testing to ensure requirements are met for system modifications or data extracts.
• Manages incident and problem management for assigned functional areas and client groups in support of on-going operations ensuring compliance with stage gate and internal controls.
• Manages monthly enhancement cycle process for development steps.
• Participates in development of short and long term plans.
• Maintains relationship with business colleagues on all hierarchy levels with excellent communication.
• Bachelor's degree or expert experience in related discipline with specialized leadership training and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience and education.
• Experience in the Petrochemical Industry or other Manufacturing Industries with strong business acumen.
• Financial planning and estimating capabilities preferred.
• Understand available capabilities and services to ensure business needs are met effectively and cost efficiently.
• 5+ years of solutions and multiple domain experience with increasing levels of leadership responsibility in systems analysis, defining technical requirements, and performing high level design for complex solutions.
• 5+ years of work experience in roles that had a high level of client or end-user engagement with experience in both support and formal or informal leadership.
• Understanding and a good overview of SAP MM.
• Leadership, communication and relationship-building capability, demonstrating outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Team leadership with ability to motivate and resolve conflict.
• Goal driven, action oriented.
• When needed, can say “no” by offering meaningful alternatives.
• Understand the drivers of organizational change and interdependencies among all the moving parts.
• Value oriented, understands technology is a tool with overriding goal of business success.
• Partners closely with business colleagues to analyze new projects and readiness for governance decisions and provides transparency of portfolio investments.
• More than an "order taker”, they are demand shapers – stimulating, surfacing and shaping business demand.
• Well-grounded in service management – represent IT to the business.
• Communicate and defend IT policies and standards, and understand how IT services benefit the business.
• Coordinate/act as a broker of services and suppliers, including enterprise architecture, solution delivery, service management, etc.
This position conducts business in numerous countries globally, in areas/communities that have strong, unique ethnic/cultural traditions. Domestic and international travel of 5% is anticipated.Competencies
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package. The Company's Global Remote Work Policy allows eligible employees the option to work up to two days a week from home.