JOIN OUR DESIGN TEAM AND DESIGN THE FUTURE FOR UNILEVER, THE NETHERLANDS
Location: Unilever (HIVE) - Wageningen, The Netherlands
Are you looking for a change of “creative” scenery? Then please read further.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day with more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Knorr, Hellmann’s, Wall’s, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, & Conimex.
The future begins with Design Engineering.
As a Design Engineer in Foods & Refreshment, you will work across multiple innovation and capability projects which reflect Unilever’s packaging and future technology strategy.
You will lead engineering projects within cross functional teams and be responsible for engineering future packaging, new technologies and novel formats including squeezables, tubs, bottles, pouches and flow wrap turning technically feasible concepts into mass manufacturable products.
The Design Engineer role is based in Wageningen, Netherlands, in our advanced HIVE Campus where Design and engineering work alongside internal and external ecosystem partners to keep thinking fresh and future fit
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Partner with internal teams to develop packaging ideas and future technologies to deliver to F&R brand / R+D future ambition.
- Use engineering tools CAE/CAD, digital simulation / prototyping tools to develop and validate ideas taking them from deisgn concept to production ready with rigour.
- Design of experiments and CAE technical analysis to create design rules for product formats such as pouches and future packaging materials whilst using engineering processes and skillsets to fault find and problem solve.
- Lead the engineering of consumer-facing packaging & product formats considering aesthetics, functionality, and mass manufacturing constraints.
- Work closely with creative and technical partners to help push boundaries and land new innovations.
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIOUR:
- Degree in Industrial design, mechanical design or similar, with a demonstratable working knowledge of engineering principles and manufacturing techniques.
- A creative, logical, and analytical mindset to generate innovative design solutions to technical design problems.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a design engineering role.
- Strong applicable 3D CAD design skills with expertise in parametric solid modelling. (We use Unigraphics NX, but Solidworks, or similar also welcome with the same results).
- Demonstratable experience leading component design and engineering.
- Experience in plastic packaging components, paper / board packaging for manufacture - Experience of novel product formats such as pouches /flow wrap preferred but not essential.
- Good demonstratable & application and interpretation of CAE simulations including FEA, Moldflow, T-SIM and CFD. Ability to conduct bespoke simulations would be an advantage.
- Must be used-to be working as part of multi-disciplined teams
- Strong communicator and influencer skills.
- A passion to learn and willingness to develop new skills in new areas
- Attention to detail
- Proven project experience with ability to meet deadlines
WHAT DO WE OFFER:
- Opportunity to work on F&R brands with the power to brighten peoples’ lives all over the world
- Help shape and define your role within a diverse and ambitious team shaping the future of Food and Refreshment brand packaging
- Exciting career opportunities in a global, purpose led business
- Future focused work environment, based at the revolutionary HIVE campus in Wageningen.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR UNILEVER:
Unilever is the place where you can be yourself and bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. We offer an exciting & dynamic work environment where you can make things happen. Furthermore, we offer some great reward and benefits!
- Attractive total remuneration package; excellent company pension, bonus, share scheme
- Flexible cross-disciplinary career opportunities and a wealth of training opportunities & wellbeing resources whenever and wherever
- Plenty of company-paid holidays to further ensure your work-life balance is maintained
- We encourage an inclusive culture, which comes to life with interchangeable public holidays, paid paternity leave of 6 weeks and our transgender policy
- At the moment, we work from home. We will ensure you are well equipped for this. Once back to work, you can enjoy our tasty canteen with food prepped with own products
- Informal culture and being the first one trying our new products
EXCITED ABOUT THE ROLE:
To apply, you must do so online. Please do not forget to upload your CV, latest Performance Review and a motivation letter. If you have been informed that you are at risk of redundancy, please make sure to tick this box during your application. Please also attach your letter of redundancy to the application.
Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly after the closing date to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to apply for other positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Unilever is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fultime