ELECTRICAL LEAD ENGINEER DATA CENTRES (MCF)
Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
The global digital revolution brings prosperity to more and more countries and regions and millions of people benefit from this. Data centres facilitate this 21st century transformation and reliable systems and continuity are crucial. We have been involved in the emergence and development of data centres and other mission critical facilities from the pioneer phase. Always with the aim to convert the investments of our clients in mission critical facilities, anywhere in the world, into a reliable and profitable result. And as an Electrical Lead Engineer you can contribute to this.
What you do as a Electrical Lead EngineerWhat our clients have in common, is the need for consultant and engineers who really think along and they increasingly demand more detailed designed in 3D up to working documentation level. And that is exactly where you are going to help them with. As an Electrical Lead Engineer you must prove yourself to some of the most demanding customers in the world. Beyond the standard features of a building, a data centre requires more of your knowledge and skills. You will design and work on power supplies of 5 volts DC to 150 kV substations and all distribution, storage, redundancy and uninterruptible power supplies thereby apply. In addition, you ensure maximum security of a data centre by working on the most effective and inventive installations related to fire protection, intrusion protection and access control! Our Brown Field Services team is always working in a live Data Centre, Risk management, execute assessments, Testing and Commissioning protocols belong to your daily work. Your day-to-day tasks consist of:
- Manage and deliver the electrical work packages in multiple projects;
- Identify the scope, design and management objectives and deliver project documentation, ensuring the quality and flow of information required for contractors, vendors and regulatory authorities;
- Write technical specifications and reports;
- Assist the project manager in the preparation / review of project costs, risk assessments;
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships ensuring continuous technical professional development;
- Review contractor pre-qualifications and prepared tender evaluation summaries for tender reviews;
- Evaluate proposals and recommendations to the client regarding vendor selection;
- Write technical specifications for tenders;
- Represent RHDHV on factory acceptance tests and site testing & commissioning activitiess;
- Communicate status of projects to internal directors and external stakeholders (clients) on an ad-hoc and formal basis.
Where you will workRoyal HaskoningDHV is a global engineering, project management and consultancy firm, with 6,000 colleagues working in over 140 countries. Together we work on projects that have a positive impact on people, our living environment and the economy.
You will become part of are Design & Engineering Multinationals Advisory Group. With the Mission Critical Facilities (MCF) team we provide a multidisciplinary range of consultancy services for our data centre clients. We provide strategic, tactical and operational advice to our clients including colocation data centres, internet service providers and telecom companies. Our team consists of colleagues with all kinds of different expertise such as electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, structures, architecture, fire safety, control and security engineering. Together we use our knowledge and expertise to develop integrated designs for data centres. Curious about our work? Here you can discover more.
What you bringYou want to meet this challenge, so we expect that you meet the following conditions:
- A bachelor degree in electrical engineering or HIT-E;
- At least 5 - 10 years relevant working experience in electrical design and / or installation;
- Good knowledge of standard practices in the design and construction industry;
- Good understanding of the daily (operational) business of our clients;
- An entrepreneurial, proactive and flexible attitude;
- Result oriented and have a proactive problem solving attitude;
- You perform best in a multidisciplinary team;
- You have excellent communication skills towards colleagues and clients;
- You have a good command of English both written and spoken;
What we offer youAs the largest engineering firm in the Netherlands, we are innovative, but realistic. Perfectionist, but decisive. Surprising, but always reliable. You will join a team with a good working atmosphere in which collegiality and development of both the organization and our employees are top priorities. Entrepreneurship and innovation are stimulated and there is plenty of room for own initiative. But that’s not all, we also offer you:
- Good work-life balance through flexible work hours and 28 holidays based on a 40-hour work week;
- A laptop and a phone so you can work where and when you want;
- Personal budget which you can use to buy additional days off, buy a bicycle or just to have some additional salary;
- Plenty of training and development opportunities.
You will be based in Nijmegen. However, there is room for consultation since we have offices throughout the Netherlands, so there is always one near you. Because working on a project is sometimes a little easier when you are together, you will sometimes also work at one of our other offices or at one of our clients in the Netherlands or abroad.
Are you our new colleague?We would like to meet you! Click on the apply button and upload your resume and motivation letter. For more information, you can always contact met Frank van der Velden, Lead Recruiter Industry & Buildings, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist