DPPS Western Europe & EMEA DPSS Office Controller
Microsoft Device Partner Solution Sales (DPSS) works across all Microsoft products and services sold to device partners, from Office to Windows Client and Server. The DPSS team partners with internal and external customers alike with the goal of maximizing revenue, market share, and mutual profit ensuring the highest ethics and compliance in any action.
As any finance organization in Microsoft, we:
- Land the company vision around the transformation of our business, consumption and partner orientation in the subsidiaries and externally.
- Drive strategic resource allocation and investments through local insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with our worldwide strategy.
- Build trust to lay the foundation of long-term growth from a partner and shareholder point of view in a compliant way.
- Empower and inspire our people to lead and be part of top performing teams while providing diverse career opportunities.
The Western Europe DPSS & EMEA Office Controller role is an excellent opportunity to be at the heart of a dynamic business in our region by partnering with Sales, Marketing and HQ Category to drive profitable sustainable growth engines and shape the landing of our WW/EMEA strategy. Key accountability is to review and manage the financial performance of the business, look beyond internal numbers, review markets trends, understand the PC market, distribution/reseller channel dynamics and digital transformation across geographies and continuously look for opportunities to drive business growth. The role requires astrong financial acumen combined with a deep passion for our partner business to evolve in that role. Responsibilities
- Performs analysis and research of present and future financial performance, financial plans (e.g., expected returns, resource allocation, pricing, investment opportunities) and economic transactions (e.g., customer deals, commercial partnerships, acquisitions, etc.).
- Assists in the execution of annual business planning and forecasting process. Completes analysis, modeling, and research to support preliminary and adjusted forecast cycles. Partners and solicits insight from business and commercial stakeholders.
- Provides business leader support and actionable insights during financial close periods. Reviews recurring financial reporting and presentations. Identifies trends, and formulates action plans. Determines financial results (e.g., revenue, profitability, OPEX, etc.) and conducts variance analyses. Identifies variance causes and solutions. Collaborates to ensure execution of plans and accountability for results.
- Develops and leverages relationships with customers and partners to bolster sales, and to understand and manage business risk. Collects customer feedback data and applies data analysis techniques to improve customer experience. Builds strong relationships with customers at senior levels. Designs and negotiates solutions to complex financial issues with customers. Engages with customers and partners on their wider relationships with Microsoft. Serves as advocate for Microsoft and its customers. Understands customers' businesses to plan growth. Manages balance between customer centricity, enablement of sales, and cost effectiveness.
- Provides business insights and recommendations to peers and stakeholders to achieve revenue and profitability goals and drive shareholder return, including. Resource allocation, cost optimization, revenue generation, trends, and future requirements. Manages and executes processes through engagement with internal and external stakeholders. Collaborates with business leaders to define action plans for financial and business analysis findings.
- Applies advanced understanding of Microsoft Finance and business (e.g., monetization strategy, market, key drivers, revenue channels, advanced technology, and business partner work context) to multiple situations to evaluate results and analysis. Develops and manages strategies to proactively mitigate, or reactively address, potential adverse effects of macroeconomic and/or geopolitical risks. Maintains working knowledge of Microsoft financial systems, policies, and processes to evaluate potential impacts of changes, and drives improvements in efficiency and accuracy.
- Contributes to new and unconventional methods and approaches to data collection, analysis, interpretation, and financial models. Provides advice and direction to teammates and peers on data management and operations.
- Leads efforts to leverage technology to increase productivity (e.g., report optimization) and to ensure accurate conclusions.
- Integrates varied data sources and assimilates the information into a comprehensive, clear narrative. Communicates results in a compelling and understandable message. Articulates understanding and awareness of business partner situation.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, legal standards, and regulatory requirements by reviewing and monitoring accuracy of financial documents and business processes. Drives corrective measures. Consults with business partners on sharing financial information, approved instruments and processes, and consistency with corporate policies. Collaborates with Compliance groups to ensure team is current on company policies and procedures.
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Analytical Skills
- Diversity Promotion
- Business Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Forecasting
- Financial Modeling
- External Awerness
- Oral & Written Communication
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden