Are you an experienced accountant who can combine financial expertise with excellent organisational skills? Looking for a leadership role as part of a growing global business? Then keep reading…Our story
With over 60 million active users across 24 countries, here at Just Eat Takeaway.com, we’re a global food delivery company, connecting our customers from Amsterdam to Auckland with the food they love.
All about the role
From auditing experts to accounting specialists, our Finance department plays a vital role in ensuring that our operations run smoothly and we continue to grow at scale.
As our Lead Accountant, you will drive a talented team that manages the day-to-day accounting activities at our Amsterdam HQ and beyond. Your ability to multitask will be vital, with responsibilities ranging from processing tax filings to managing bank transactions and other accounting entries.
Collaboration is an integral part of this position, and you will be responsible for motivating your team members, supporting their development and boosting both individual and collective performance. Additionally, you will support the internal and external stakeholders with financial information requests and provide recommendations when necessary.
In this wide-ranging role, your focus also includes:
Can you deliver…
- Delivering and presenting reliable financial data each month
- Preparing the monthly balance sheet & profit and loss flux analysis
- Performing high quality balance sheet reconciliations
- Being the key contact point during audits and preparing files for internal and external auditors
- Ensuring timely delivery of information requested by auditors & building relationships with the tax authorities
- Preparing and filing statutory reports and other regulatory reports
- Continuously driving improvement in quality and efficiency in new processes & systems to optimise the department’s workflow and ensure SOX compliance
Here are the skills and experience we need from you:
Here is our offer
- 6-9 years of proven general ledger experience as an accountant or similar, working in a dynamic multinational environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or relevant work experience
- Proficient in using ERP systems (experience with Workday is a plus) & MS Office (proficient level in Excel)
- Strong business acumen. You can see the big picture while also focusing on the details, and are willing to roll your sleeves up to get the job done
- Experience in resolving complex accounting issues and transactions
- Excellent attention to detail, with strong organizational skills and the ability to take charge and drive results
- Skilled in managing multiple priorities & efficiently while meeting deadlines
- Comfortable working in a fast-growing environment with plenty of change
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire and interact well with team members & other stakeholders
- Fluent English (written & spoken). Dutch is a plus
When you join us at Just Eat Takeaway.com, these great rewards are waiting for you:
- Competitive salary
- A varied accountant job with the opportunity to manage both people and processes
- A dynamic, welcoming workplace at our Amsterdam HQ (when you’re in the office)
- Pension plan 60% paid by Just Eat Takeaway.com
- 26 days holiday per year
- Budget for internal & external training and conferences
- Working from home allowance and a budget for ordering lunches
Are you our next Lead Accountant? Click Apply Now and send us your CV!
Wat wij bieden