Junior Category Manager Electrical and Automation (E&A)
Our Procurement & Supply Chain Department in Rotterdam is looking for a Junior Category Manager Electrical and Automation to learn the job. As Category Manager you are responsible for defining and executing the category strategy in order to realize cost optimizations, minimize supply chain risk, pooling knowledge and continuously improve the procurement processes related to E&A.Together with 12 direct colleagues you will help to professionalize Category Management and let us be a frontrunner in the Maritime Contracting Industry.Your responsibilities
- Business partner on Electrical and Automation topics in tenders and operation;
- Develop the overall E&A Category Strategy in order to increase Van Oord’s competitiveness and contribute to the business development;
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to secure an aligned and efficient decision and sourcing process;
- Build a supply base by establishing commercial interesting agreements or tapping into innovative practices (for example, on new technology);
- Build an internal and external network;
- Serve as the expert for internal customers on Electrical and Automation matters;
- Establish Supply Chain improvements in cooperation with key stakeholders & suppliers;
- Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal.
- BSc or MSc degree, preferably in Geology, Technology or Electrical Engineering;
- You just graduated or have a maximum of 1 year of working experience;;
- Understanding of or affinity with electrical engineering and/or automation in a civil/maritime sector;
- Strong analytical skills;
- A team player with excellent communication skills and organizational sensitivity;
- A drive for sustainability and care for our environment.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
About Van Oord
a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
a pension scheme;
a variable bonus;
extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
an adequate travel allowance;
collective health insurance (optional);
flexible working hours.
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime