Cloud Engineer Data Hub
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 244997 Digital Industries
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
The Data Hub group:
In the Data Hub group, we’re building an innovative low-code data integration platform called Data Hub. Our product aims to solve a fundamental challenge for businesses: enabling people to take the data across their company and use it effectively. Data Hub takes on the challenge of getting rid of all the friction of trying to find and use data by offering a solution that simplifies this process from start to finish. Data Hub is the newest member of the Mendix Product family, and because of this our product group will be operating as a start-up within Mendix. This presents a rather unique opportunity to experience a period of hyper growth combined with the perks of being part of a larger company. You can expect ample opportunity for both personal as professional growth.
The position: Are you a thoughtful creator who is passionate about technology and getting stuff done? We are looking for an ambitious Software Developer with focus in Cloud Engineering technologies to join the Data Hub Group in Rotterdam.
As an engineer you will be responsible for collaborating with members of our teams and other teams, delivering value to the customer, uncovering what work needs doing, building and sharing your knowledge and skills, and supporting and improving our processes. From your real-life experience, you’re probably already buzzing with ideas that can have a huge impact. If you have a vision on how the team and Mendix should move forward, we’d love to discuss these with you.About you:
- You have experience with scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc)
- You have experience with provisioning, running, maintaining, and monitoring large user-facing services on public cloud services (AWS or GCP or Azure) for customer-facing solutions in production.
- You will be deeply involved in the different deployment patterns of our software.
- You have Kafka production deployment experience. Knowledge about large-scale Kafka deployment from a data volume or a number of customers running on it is a plus.
- You enjoy building resilient CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab)
- You have setup monitoring and observability experience with tooling – Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, Splunk and OpenTracing etc.
- Knowledge on how to apply GitOps (using Terraform) is a plus
- Experience following agile development
- Possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- TCP/IP networking experience is a plus
Your main challenges and responsibilities will be:
- Work with a team to orchestrate and automate the deployment of infrastructure in cloud
- Help your team to apply the best practices around cloud development, gitops, and deployment pipelines focused on cloud
- Monitor performance and resource usage of different cloud infrastructure in productive environments
- Learn and contribute with new technologies and tools
- Improve and provide insight for our productive environments with better architectures if needed
- Work with cross-functional teams to realize different deployment patterns and strategies
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.We put the customer first
. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.We think big
. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.We innovate
. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here. We nurture talent
. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.We hear every voice
. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.We own it
. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.We have fun
. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.Important to know:
Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mendix Technology B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time