Team Lead Data Broker (Data Hub)
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 245759 Digital Industries
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
The Data Hub group:In the Data Hub group, we’re building an innovative low-code data integration platform called Data Hub. Our product aims to solve a fundamental challenge for businesses: enabling people to take the data across their company and use it effectively. Data Hub takes on the challenge of getting rid of all the friction of trying to find and use data by offering a solution that simplifies this process from start to finish. Data Hub is the newest member of the Mendix Product family, and because of this our product group will be operating as a start-up within Mendix. This presents a rather unique opportunity to experience a period of hyper growth combined with the perks of being part of a larger company. You can expect ample opportunity for both personal as professional growth.
The Position:As a Team Lead in R&D you have a key role in developing the innovative Data Hub solutions for our customers. The Team Lead is responsible for managing the team and its delivery on a day to day basis. Having a longer term focus of developing, challenging, and growing the team and its capabilities.
Driving the continuous improvement process from a software development, team culture and personal development perspective is key the the rapid growth of the Data Hub Group. As a Team Lead recruitment is an important part of the job.
Besides the team focus, you have a strong focus on innovation and product development by delivering value in increments with your team. For this you work closely with the product manager and the team to break down the long term goals in actionable steps. This includes identifying challenges and risk, leading investigation to new and existing technologies and drive decision making towards implementation.Your main challenges and responsibilities will be:
- Hiring great people and building a great team where you are accountable for the team’s progress.
- To build a team that will endlessly strive for improvement
- To drive the journey to learn together, grow as individuals and enjoy the effects of increased productivity by applying rhythm and achieving a state of flow
- Being a hands-on leader that loves to be part of a team working together to solve complex problems.
- You are a senior in the software development field with 5+ years of relevant experience
- You have a product-mindset and are able to break down desired business and product outcomes into features and capabilities that can be delivered by the teams sprint after sprint.
- You have experience in collaborating with people, your understanding of different personality types helps you to be a more successful Team Lead
- You have led teams that are responsible for supporting software and services in production.
- You understand how to balance incidents with product development and are driven to improve and automate processes to increase customer satisfaction and reduce cost.
- You have a good understanding that value is created through people, you know how to balance results with a people-oriented approach
- You can maintain a healthy rhythm by delivering results and continuously investing in the built-in quality system
- You have experience in leading teams that offer a full Saas product. Practices like DevOps and GitOps, CI/CD automated infrastructure provisioning are a plus.
- You are experienced in managing complex problems and leading change
- You have a “getting things done” approach with a goal-oriented mindset
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.We put the customer first
. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.We think big
. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.We innovate
. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here. We nurture talent
. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.We hear every voice
. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.We own it
. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.We have fun
. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.Important to know:
Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mendix Technology B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time