Value Engineer - International supply chain
The Value Engineer will support our business unit Sea logistics. This position manages the value of data analysis in order to support our key customers, how to distribute their products in a cost reducing and efficient approach. Your Role
You will analyze and identify opportunities, risks and hidden potential for customers’ end-to-end supply chains. Additionally you act as project manager for the implementation and development of ISC solutions, in close cooperation with both the national ISC manager and internal/ external key stakeholders. Including to develop and continuously improve solutions and tools delivering best in class supply chain data analysis. Position is based in Rotterdam area – full time: 40h required Your Responsibilities
Your Skills and Experiences
- Drive innovation, continuous improvement and best practice across all ISC customers.
- Analyze and utilize customer data, processes, network and information, in conjunction with supply chain tools and techniques such as root cause analysis/whiteboard sessions, to identify supply chain solutions and to improve logistics processes.
- Support Account Management to quantify the respective value of proposed solutions and compile business cases if required to demonstrate the value proposition to their customer(s).
- Deliver key customer projects as required, and agreed with the ISC Manager and Account Owner.
- Establish case studies for identified supply chain solutions to a standard that can be disseminated internally and externally.
- Working with the relevant stakeholders, review and align the IL and ISC proposition in NL; ensuring opportunities for collaboration are fully exploited.
- Implement ISC accounts within the CCL key account structure in close cooperation with key CCL stakeholders.
- Support the ISC product by deployment of the ESP strategy. Ensuring the voice of the customer is heard and their requirements incorporated within the solution.
Good Reasons to Join
- Completed HBO education in Logistics or IT/ Engineering and has at least 3 years at logistics service provider or in a logistics related position;
- Project management skills and experience with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Good understanding of ‘process mapping / management’ techniques enabling you to conduct activities such as Continuous Improvement workshops;
- Advanced supply chain management and customer development skills – as well strong data analytics ability as well a solid understanding of the (commercial) supply chain incl. order management;
- Exceptional and influential customer relationship skills, including influencing and negotiation skills;
- Excellent team-work capabilities;
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels in Dutch and English, written as well spoken;
- Result orientated and with a solid sense of entrepreneurship;
In addition to an excellent salary, we also offer a good pension scheme. You will have 24 vacation days and 3.5 atv days and you have the option to buy additional days. We work in a flexible working schedule whereas your private life- work balance is optimal, including the possibility to work via home office days. In this position you are also entitled to use a company car for business purposes only. We also offer a group discount on your health insurance with CZ. You will start with an annual contract, and if everyone is satisfied, resulting in a permanent employment afterwards. Kuehne + Nagel is a good and reliable company, therefor a VOG is requested at the start.
With over 74000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden