We are looking for an Accountant with a positive & enthusiastic “own it” mentality who loves accounting and external reporting activities! Do you have experience as an accountant in an international company? Do you want fast-track your career in accounting? And do you want to work for the global market leader in veterinary diagnostics? Then we really want to connect with you!
The Accounting & Reporting department is part of our corporate functions that includes finance partners, legal experts, human resources specialists, and more. Our Corporate functions partner closely with business leaders – and with each other - to create and support the strategic roadmap. Collaboration is key where the ability to think creatively, build strong working relationships across geographies and functions, and problem solve will contribute to your success and the success of our business.
In This Role
- You will be responsible for the monthly, quarterly and annual closure of accounting records for several EMEA region legal entities.
- You will calculate, prepare and post recurring and non-recurring journal entries with appropriate supporting documentation.
- You will analyze account balances, investigate unusual items, determines necessary adjustments and completes reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- You will review financial statements and variance analysis
- You will review and post journal entries. Investigate and resolve any issues identified through research of accounting documents and follow up with others as needed
- You will participate in preparation of ongoing internal and external financial reporting
- You will translate US GAAP to Local GAAP accounting records
- You will align with key stakeholders, such us internal and external auditors, management, financial analysts, country managers
- You will be responsible for Value Added Tax (VAT) accounts reconciliation, VAT submissions in timely manner as well as other local reporting such as statistics
- You will be responsible for Corporate Income Tax (CIT) accounts reconciliation as well as timely payment of CIT obligations
- You will coordinate with other accounting, finance and other areas to analyze questions and determine resolution and provides accounting guidance and assistance as needed (ad-doc requests and/or projects).
- You will post, review and reconcile cross-border charges and transactions as needed. Provides summaries, supporting documentation and other information as required. Consults, interprets and applies accounting policies and procedures involved in cross-border transactions.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- You have a bachelor’s degree in finance or equivalent
- You have at least 2-4+ years experience in similar roles, preferably in a multinational, US-listed company
- You have extensive understanding of applicable accounting rules and regulations (USGAAP).
- You have the ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
- You have strong organizational skills and attention for detail
- You have an excellent command of the English Language both written and verbal
- You are tech savvy and have strong skills in MS Office (excel) and SAP analytics, WDesk and Blackline.
- You have experience with general ledger module of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, SAP preferred.
- You have an intrinsic interest in finance automation and process improvement (e.g. process mining, RPA and advanced analytics)
- You are ambitious and have the determination to grow as finance professional and leader within IDEXX
- You enjoy working in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment in a pro-active way with a hands-on mentality
- You have the ability to work alone and, in a team, you are self-motivated, solutions driven, within a changing, fast-paced environment
- You have emotional intelligence, humility, willingness to learn and take and receive feedback constructively
- High ethical standards
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals health and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 10,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together!
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.