Legal Counsel Operations Netherlands
This is LyondellBasell
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fourth consecutive year.This is the role
The Legal Counsel reports to the Lead Counsel Operations EAI in Rotterdam and is responsible for handling legal cases and providing legal advice in the area of procurement and supply chain. The Legal Counsel provides such support independently and engages directly with the clients, but seeks guidance and escalates to management as appropriate depending on importance or risk profile of a specific matter. The Legal Counsel will be primary focal point within Legal Operations EAI for dedicated Supply Chain and Procurement clients based primarily in Rotterdam serving the Dutch and European operations. His/her primary responsibility will be to assist and support Supply Chain internal clients with review and approve Supply chain and Procurement related agreement (i.e. purchase, service, construction, logistic contracts), support internal clients with claims handling (i.e. demurrage), setting up RFQ/RFPs as well as dealing with customs and compliance related issues (i.e. International Logistic Representatives).Roles & Responsibilities
This is what you bring
- Claims handling
- Handles independently supply chain and procurement claims in their area of responsibility;
- Prepare legal case reports as requested.
- Contract Management and Excellence
- Draft, review, and negotiate Procurement and Supply Chain contracts and other documents of legal relevance, including identifying and independently advising internal stakeholders on contractual risks.
- Develop new and improve the content of existing standard legal templates; ensure compliance of LYB legal templates with legislative developments and LYB policies.
- Create and promote legal awareness amongst internal stakeholders e.g. by providing training on relevant topics;
- Provide broad-based legal support services, including drafting of various legal and business communications.
- Draft and review of EPCM contract arrangements.
- Legislative developments:
- Follow up on European Union/international legislative initiatives and developments with potential impact on Procurement/Supply Chain, involving Senior Counsels / Lead Counsel whenever necessary; develop and propose (change of) internal procedures to ensure compliance.
- Reporting and Initiatives
- Ensure proper and timely management reporting on relevant legal topics;
- Contribute to evaluating internal processes and make appropriate recommendations for improvement;
- Health and Safety
- Demonstrate and promote commitment to a safe and healthy workplace. Responsibilities include working safe at all times, taking action to correct unsafe conditions or activities, reporting safety and environmental incidents, and personal participation in safety activities and programs.
- Master degree in law and preferably qualified in the Netherlands and/or in Germany
- Approximately [3-5] years of experience as counsel/contract manager in an international (corporate) legal department or in private practice.
- Experience in commercial, procurement, transportation & logistic contract drafting, contract negotiations and claims handling.
- Experience with hands-on use of document management software and tools.
- Experience in a demanding business environment.
- Fluent in English and preferably at least in one of the following languages: Dutch, German, Spanish
Critical Competencies / Behaviors
- Good understanding of legal terms, concepts and the use of legal documents.
- Ability to recognize the business consequences of legal advice.
- Ability to understand general business needs and to develop independently appropriate legal solutions in support of the business goals.
- Ability to function autonomously yet understands necessity of escalating matters in unusual situations.
- High level of Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Professional standard of oral and written communication.
This is what we offer
- Drive for results, appropriate business solutions and continuous improvement.
- Priority setting.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong work ethics
- Strong attention to detail combined with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist