Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
Our client is a Supply Chain Operator which is part of a big Logistics network of companys, The international reach the have inculdus direct presence in 67 countries and a global network spanning over 120 countries.
The Customs Manager Benelux is responsible for the team set-up of the Customs department within the Netherlands and Belgium.
- To reorganize the Contract Logistics en Freight Forwarding Customs teams.
- In close collaboration with the Benelux cluster team: define and implement a strategy for the Customs department(s): Translate company guidelines & directives, market & customer information, and Benelux cluster team & CB Director NECE input into a strategy for the Customs business aiming for sustainable growth and profitability Communicate and implement the set strategy; 1 team for Customs CL & FF Monitor and report deviations in the set strategy towards the Benelux cluster team & CB Director NECE II.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Key/high potential accounts ( 250 K EUR) and Customs: Remain up to date with developments of and within key and high potential accounts Act as an ambassador for Customs.
- Share knowledge on assigned customer(s) contract Adapt/adjust the internal organisation accordingly (and timely) to create optimal customer satisfaction (WOW experience) and extend our business Build strong relationships with Customs; remain up to date regarding customs regulation III.
- Manage and coach direct reports to enhance operational excellence: Day-to-day management (work structure/processes, recruitment, leave, communication, etc).
- Performance and development monitoring and follow-up.
- Enhance operational excellence: IV.
- Coordination of overall customs activities by customs department.
- Timely execution of customs clearance activities (in, through and out) including CBS and 'Intrastat' reports Administrative follow up on un-cleared documents/UTB's and customs disputes Customs administration type E bookkeeping Handling of Tax Representation, Direct and Indirect Representation.
- Arranging VAT statements taking fiscal responsibilities and entities in consideration Timely execution of financial activities for the month-end closing V.
- Execution of tasks by Customs Manager himself: Administration of customer agreements regarding fiscal representation Management of 'customs guarantee' Maintenance & set up of customs software Controlling customs licenses (& ensuring that GW keeps them) Signal, reduce and report potential risks Support in common activities within the customs clearance department where/when needed VI.
- Business Solutions: Identify operational efficiency opportunities in cooperation with MD, Branch Manager & Global Customs Manager to meet customer/prospect needs, in cooperation with Business Solutions departments, IT and OPS, in order to be able to meet customers current and future needs.
Bachelor work and thinking level In possession of customs clearance certificate At least 7-9 years of relevant experience within the area of customs with 4-6 years of management experience
- Knowledge of the international transportation and logistics industry
- Knowledge of customs formalities & legislation
- Strong operational management skills
- Good knowledge of IT systems and processes/procedures used within customs clearance
- Fluent in Dutch and English Basic financial knowledge
- Required behavioural competencies Team Leading The ability and willingness to use emotional intelligence to interact at all levels, to promote collaboration and sustain relationship with business partners to influence business results and to find the approach that seeks a win-win.
- The ability to develop team spirit, co-operation and commitment within one's own team by making goals and expectations clear, involving employees, and to stimulate the development of their personal capabilities.
- Strategic Leadership; The ability to formulate a strategic direction for the organization on the basis of relevant internal and external developments and energizes others to follow.
- Adaptability/Flexibility The ability to adapt flexibly and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups.
- Commitment to quality Is constantly looking for ways to challenge, monitor and improve the quality of work and processes (by competing against a standard of excellence) taking initiatives and creating systems.
- Business Acumen The understanding of the business, industry principles and overall performance, in terms of the finance and profitability measures.
- Ability to apply this understanding to achieve results and to increase the performance and profitability of the company.
- Problem solving Develops and communicates ideas to solve complex issues.
- Interact positively with others to address misunderstandings and reach agreement.
- Keen to address a complex issue from various angles to understand the root cause.
- Entrepreneurship; A tendency to look for and seize profitable business opportunities; willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.