Sustainability Senior Manager – EMEA
Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
Sustainability Senior Manager – EMEA
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions.
We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
This position reports to Equinix’s Global Sustainability Director and is responsible for developing a regional sustainability strategy with an emphasis on environmental and social impact and accelerating Equinix’s progress on our 2030 global climate-neutral commitment. The role will be part of the team leading the integration of high priority sustainability goals, technical data center sustainability concepts, and defining and messaging Equinix’s positions and leadership in our industry. You will have a deep and meaningful impact across the business in response to growing investor and customer pressure around sustainability.
The primary focus of the role is the regional and cross-functional support of Equinix's Sustainability Program Office / ESG program and ancillary support of Equinix’s sustainability efforts across its design & operations, legal and compliance, community impact, and government and regulatory affairs.
Equinix is striving to increase the depth of its ESG engagement and globalize our approach in order to more efficiently meet the current and future needs of our various stakeholders – investors, customers, employees, local communities, governments, etc.
Responsibilities would include:
- Cross-functionally develop regional environmental and social strategies in response to local and regional stakeholder pressures and trends;
- Provide regional leadership and technical support (research, analysis) to guide internal decision-making based on the local landscape, stakeholder sentiment and evolving policies;
- Support functional leads across Operations (global and regional), Public Policy/Government Affairs, Regulatory Affairs/Compliance, Marketing/PR, Community Impact, Country Managing Directors, and Regional Presidents to embed sustainability, set regional goals/commitments; market and message as appropriate;
- Proactively identify and track policies related to ESG and serve as a regional SME to advocate for regulations in line with Equinix’s sustainability vision, including our global commitment to become climate-neutral by 2030 and reach our Science-based Target (SBT) across Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions.
- Identify opportunities to enhance Equinix’s reputation as a regional sustainability leader and coordinate buy-in across multiple teams to drive action;
- Program manage sustainability initiatives in-region as needed;
- Expectation to grow into a regional expert on data center, real estate and technology-related sustainability concepts including deep expertise in technical and engineering concepts relevant to Equinix’s industry and leverage existing expertise in the areas such as greenhouse gas reductions, sustainability reporting, renewable energy and clean technologies, data center design and innovation, community relations, workforce development, labor and human rights, etc.
- 8-10+ years related experience preferred (Desired technical experience in data center or technology sector environmental management, environmental regulations, energy or renewable energy, sustainability, or CSR/ESG)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Data Science, or relevant engineering discipline required
- Master’s, MBA or JD preferred
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Ability to be located in Amsterdam (EMEA role). The location is firm and remote candidates will not be considered.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to translate complex sustainability topics to a broad range of audiences within a matrixed organization
- Executive presence and a record of having worked independently across a diverse set of stakeholders frequently in multiple time zones to scale and solve for complex sustainability issues
- Deep knowledge of existing or pending sustainability legislation relevant to data centers, real estate and technology companies (e.g. specifics around the EU Climate Neutral Data Centre Operator Pact, EU Green Deal, Sustainable Finance Taxonomy, Singapore Green Plan)
- Existing network of policymakers, industry trade organizations, NGOs, academia etc.
- Working knowledge of voluntary sustainability programs specific to energy, environment and emissions (e.g. CDP, GRI, The Greenhouse Gas Protocol, SASB, SBTs, TCFD etc.)
- Preference for candidates with experience working in public policy and advocacy on behalf of large corporations
- Demonstrated ability to program manage multiple workstreams with competing and urgent deadlines and experience influencing upwards to keep programs and projects moving
- Communicate clearly and effectively: verbally, in writing and through presentations; successfully interfacing with internal and external constituents
Bachelor Master MBA
Wat wij bieden