Senior Software Architect
Senior Software Architect
In this role you have the opportunity to
As a senior software architect, you will work in a multi-disciplinary project team of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Engineering Solutions and our customers.
You will participate in the specification, design, implementation, testing and integration of the software for equipment in the high precision mechatronics domain and the medical equipment domain. Key aspects in complex mechatronic equipment are advanced motion control, accurate measurements and electrical drive systems.
You are responsible for
- Defining the optimal software architecture and system decomposition (deployment of functions to hardware, commercially available equipment, software-to-be-developed, motion control solutions, real time aspects, …).
- Leading the overall software design and integration for a system or system function in a project aligned with the product architecture as defined and owned by the product owners.
- Leading the software design to the level that it can be realized by mono-disciplinary project teams by defining the technical concept, implementing constrains from legacy, regulatory and relevant cross functional areas and determining external interfaces in cooperation with all stakeholders
- Leading the requirements and risk management set-up for the software of a system or system function
- Defining the functional software behavior of the system and designing and implementing the C++ or C# software when necessary.
- Integrating and testing software in an automated environment and in the end user system.
- Leading solutions when issues are found during implementation, integration & test and discuss the technical issues with specialists from various disciplines
- Assuring that software complies with the requested quality norms and ensuring proper documentation for the developed software
- Delivering input towards the project planning process and defining and maintaining the backlog.
- Drawing up a personal schedule and reporting on progress in a structured and methodical way keeping the costs of the activities in line with the calculated budget.
You are a part of
The Mechatronics department of Philips Innovation Services (PInS) that is responsible for specification, design and realization of high-end mechatronic solutions. In this department is the group Electrical Systems & Motion Control SW responsible for the electrical and software control of these equipment and products.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
We are looking for a senior software architect with a broad experience, experienced in C++ and C#, having familiarity with the high precision mechatronics domain and / or the medical equipment domain.
It would be advantageous if you can combine this with the ability to technically lead a software development team.
- A Master or Bachelor’s degree in software engineering
- At least 10 years work experience, and at least 5 years in a multi-disciplinary high-tech environment.
- Profound knowledge of C++ and C# applied to motion control domain.
- Able to make a robust software design.
- Proven experience in at least one of the domains medical equipment, industrial automation and high precision mechatronics as senior software architect
- Experienced to work according to the V model in defining software requirements, test specifications, supervising execution of the design and the tests and reporting the verification results
- Able to steer and supervise detailed design of software development of the mechatronics system
- Able to investigate and solve complex software issues during system integration.
- Experienced with motion software, familiarity with control engineering.
- Experienced in cross-platform software development and in the application of distributed systems: Windows, Real Time OS, VxWorks, EtherCAT, motion controllers, …
- Experienced with model-based code generation (using Simulink) .
- Coaching skills and ability to develop technical leadership.
- Able to make a work break down and a planning for a software development team.
- Proven team player and capable to lead a software development team in a multidisciplinary project
- Customer centric attitude.
- Willingness to travel and work at customer location.
- Fluent in English.
In return we offer you
We provide a path towards your best career; within Philips Engineering Solutions you will get the possibility to work on a variety of projects where you will be responsible for the software architecture and development and will work in close cooperation with people of other mechatronic disciplines on cutting edge technology.
The challenges, inspiring teams, learning resources and unexpected career experiences you’ll encounter here will make you a more marketable professional. You will be equipped to be in full control of your desired career wherever you want to go.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden