The CDD Office
It is Aegon Netherlands’ strategic objective to remain a trusted partner for customers, employees, regulators and shareholders. Customer Due Diligence (CDD) is an important topic in society with much exposure, regulatory attention and direct management accountability. For Aegon and its customers, it is requisite that we deliver on our obligations to where practicable prevent integrity threats like money laundering or financing of malignant activities. Obligations that are listed in laws & regulations like the Dutch Wwft, WFT and Sanctiewet.
To deliver on our obligations, it is our aim to have a sound CDD organization that clearly embeds CDD policy, governance, awareness and execution at the heart of our business. Not meeting our standards is a costly and instant risk to the company’s license to operate. While meeting our obligations strongly supports our business in servicing our customers.
Aegon NL is in transformation as we adapt to an increasingly digital world where customer demands and societal fabrics develop. As part of our transformation we have lately founded a multidisciplinary CDD Office. Its aim is to combine a distinct set of capabilities towards enhancing our complete CDD domain at the heart of Aegon. From data to change, operations and legal. The CDD Office reports to our Chief Digital Officer (CDO), is part of our ‘first line of defense’.
The CDD Office will be:
• Setting a vision and strategy to realize the CDD ambitions based on trends in the market, society, the Aegon strategy & Aegon’s business focus
• First line translation of law and regulation into policy & standards for Aegon NL businesses
• Set up, run and optimize the pivotal data factory / data solutions as enabling service for Aegon’s business (pivotal client file, heavily automated epochal review), tooling and automation
• Advice Aegon’s business on detailed CDD related matters
• Support Aegon’s business on more detailed cases of operationalizing policies
• Facilitating training and awareness for relevant colleagues on CDD related matters
Your challenge, the job at hand
The CDD Office is a multidisciplinary team. Each CDD Officer will be a proactive and bold expert in either the field of CDD related legal expertise, strategy, vision & change management, data or advisory. For either one of these fields outside your direct specialty, we seek an dashing affinity. The CDD Office will be a blend of different capabilities to achieve greatest business value.
Your responsibilities would be geared towards your specialty, but could entail;
• Policy definition for Aegon NL and its underlying businesses: translating regulatory requirements to precise business requirements
• Help creation of a coherent CDD vision & strategy
• Drive automation and a ‘data-solution-as-a-service’ by leveraging of a data factory where highly automated processes will have to support our client screening and reporting obligations, support solution design
• Drive change: Create plans and organize execution to tangibly & clearly realize the better CDD roadmap and agreed Management Board ambitions
• Operational handling of detailed and high risk CDD cases with the Legal Entities or financial crime / fraud experts
• Implementation guidance to business units on CDD required activities
• Awareness & Training: Creating generic staff awareness and training programs in order that staff are alert to recognize and identify CDD risks
• Product CDD risk (re) definition: Checking whether the introduction of a novel or revised product or activity does not pose a disproportionate CDD risk
• CDD analysis on precise cases
• Overall CDD Advising on Aegon NL level and the underlying businesses
• Regulatory request handling: If requested, executing the request and gathering relevant information to compose the response (e.g. onsites, letters, interviews)
As CDD Officer you are an experienced and knowledgeable Anti Money Laundering expert. You can operate in multi stakeholder environment (Group, Board of Directors, Management Board Aegon NL, regulatory bodies). You also have a flair and enjoy working with others. Finally, you pay attention to quality and you are proactive in your approach. You also have the following job requirements:
Diversity & Inclusion
At Aegon, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Financial Institution – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences
Terms and conditions of employment
We offer you an exciting position where you work independently and professionally in an aspiring and active organisation. Growth and development are important to us, that is why we invest amply in our employees in the form of development and career possibilities. In exchange for your commitment and efforts we offer you an extensive and excelling package of pay and benefits, e.g.:
• Competitive monthly salary;
• in addition you receive a fixed 13th month’s salary and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flexible budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary;
• good balance between work and private life with at least 27 holidays;
• an appropriate commuting allowance;
• excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. An online assessment is part of the selection process. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Anneke van Leeuwen, Talent Acquisition Business Partner firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)6 22 149 555.