Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with cloud computing services. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is used every day by thousands of companies like New York Times, Netflix and NASA/JPL. See details at http://aws.amazon.com.
AWS Cloud9 is a cloud-based integrated development environment (IDE) that lets you write, run, and debug code with just a browser. It includes a code editor, debugger, and terminal. Since the Cloud9 IDE is cloud-based, you can work on your projects from your office, home, or anywhere using an internet-connected machine. Cloud9 also provides a seamless experience for developing serverless applications enabling you to easily define resources, debug, and switch between local and remote execution of serverless applications. With Cloud9, you can quickly share your development environment with your team, enabling you to pair program and track each other's inputs in real time.
We are looking for a senior manager to lead the AWS Cloud 9 in Amsterdam who will help us to make Cloud9 the best development environment for our customers. If you’re passionate about the developer experience and are excited about the thought of working in cloud computing, then we’d love to talk to you!
Joining the AWS Cloud9 team gives you the opportunity to:
- Work on and influence a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Collaborate with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
- Work for a company that invented most of the patterns used in cloud computing today
- Work with an international team out of our Amsterdam office
We are looking for a passionate and experienced technical individual to lead the AWS Cloud9 service and all related software development teams. In this role, you will take overall responsibility for growing and leading the software development teams responsible for building development tools for customers running mission critical applications in the cloud. You will draw from your technical and management expertise to mentor and hire senior engineers and managers, as well as provide strong technical leadership to your team.
You will work closely with senior executives to direct the future of AWS Cloud9. As an engineering leader within developer tools, you will also work with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influence our technical and business strategy, help hire talented engineers and managers, and conceive innovative new solutions for our customers.
A successful candidate will therefore bring deep software expertise, have strong business intuition, and think broadly to identify visionary products that our customers will love.
The role requires you to be able to lead the overall software development life-cycle of an AWS service which includes the following responsibilities:
- Create and execute roadmaps and project plans
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to senior leadership
- Work closely with senior and principal engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Manage managers to build a high performance team with high velocity while maintaining a high bar for quality
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization and care about developing people
- Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements
- Own all operational metrics and support
- Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do here at Amazon
- Think critically to continuously put forward new ways to serve our customers
- Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way
- Several years of experience in Software development.
- 5+ years of experience in managing technical teams.
- Interested in working with a diverse team in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or software as a service.
- Experience owning and operating highly available systems.
- Demonstrable experience building simple and compelling user interfaces.
- Experience as manager of managers
- Familiarity with IDEs, debuggers, CI/CD, and release automation tools.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.