Senior Manager, Demand Planning
Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
The EMEA Demand Planning Leader plays a pivotal role in the Supply Chain Operations for multiple divisions to meet the revenue growth and customer experience objectives. You will be responsible for providing a detailed demand plan to inform the end to end Supply Chain teams as part of the monthly SIOP process. This individual will develop an engaged, collaborative team that represents our 4i values, prioritizes customer experience, supports the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) mission.
This position is part of both the European Leadership and Life Sciences Supply Chain team. The regions approximate revenue forecasted for is €5B. The role will lead and advise the demand planning function across 3 divisions – Bio Sciences, Genetic Sciences and Clinical Next Generation Sequencing.
This position will be based at one of our major sites in the UK. Travel expectation will be between 25-50%, depending upon business requirements. This will include both domestic and international travel.
Crucial Functions and Responsibilities:
- Generate detailed forecast to reflect all vital inputs and growth aspirations
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain and Customer service in order to recognize key variances and trends and then adjust the forecast accordingly
- Facilitate monthly demand consensus meetings with regional partners
- Lead end of quarter order-fulfillment activities and set clear set of priorities for the regional distribution operation teams
- Develop and mentor a team of demand planning professionals in region
- Regularly update production planning team with accurate item level changes in the forecast
- Align product management and supply chain partners to ensure successful new product introduction and phase-out of discontinued products
- Communicate updated forecast assumptions to the finance and global supply chain leaders
- Ensure the appropriate process structure, inputs, outputs and cadence of activity globally to deliver division level demand plans on a monthly cycle
- Lead the development of a 15-month plan for all divisions
- Use appropriate statistical tools and exception management mechanisms to continuously improve the forecast quality
- Partner with the excellence leader in the development, standardization, and optimization of the tools, analytics, and modeling approaches
- Act as partner and coach across the regional operations and commercial leadership teams as it relates to the deployment and alignment to the demand forecast and plans for the respective divisions and teams in the region.
- Investigate evolving methodologies for planning, defining and implementing new capabilities and maturing process
- Be a change agent within supply chain, transforming strategic objectives into programs/projects
- Coordinate training and certifications for global demand planning talent; developing depth and expertise within the business at all levels of the organization
- Partners with other company groups to further develop the regional plans.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Operations Management
- Professional Certification in production and inventory management, supply chain management, or project management; APICS CPIM or CSCP, ISM CPSM, or PMI PMP
- Lean or Lean Six Sigma credentials (MBB/BB)
- Deep domain expertise in demand planning, ideally in the Life Sciences, Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical industries
- Sophisticated supply chain knowledge with proven experience building, standing up, scaling, and maturing demand planning processes
- People Leadership experience in Supply Chain or Operations Management
- Demonstrated change management experience and ability to lead through change and rapid growth
- High levels of discernment and problem-solving ability to recommend improvements based on interpretation of data and independent judgment
- Influential leader with the ability to run across a large, geographically and culturally diverse organization, with contending divisional priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and executive presence with high proficiency in MS Office tools
- Proven expertise in different ERP environments (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Demand planning tool experience and/or implementation (Demantra, Kinaxis, SAP, or similar)
- Knowledge of business systems and information technology running sophisticated supply chain activities
- Experience in GMP or other regulated environments ideal.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 outstanding minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Wat wij bieden
Parttime - Fulltime