Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon Logistics aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
Are you passionate about continuous improvement philosophy?
Are you ready to teach amazon logistics leaders the skills to drive their business forward and remove defects using Kaizen and other problem solving methodologies?
Are you ready to lead large-scale Kaizen events, working across business units to improve last mile operations?
If so, we want you. The Lean Excellence Program team is looking for a Continuous Improvement Program Manager with experience on leading problem solving activities or Kaizen events.
The purpose of this new team is to create a Continuous Improvement roadmap, including a problem solve methodology package that is trained and followed by all operators across EU AMZL. The whilst also leading and facilitating Kaizen events.
In this role you would act as the country program lead by driving change and implementing continuous improvement tools, while utilizing and improving existing methodologies. In addition, the key responsibility will be promoting lean manufacturing practices by educating the organization in the use of lean principles.
Opportunities exist in all our processes, we only need to identify them and study the best way to improve the existing limits. So if you thrive on working across teams, come join our team.
Cross-team coordination, problem solving, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
This role can be based in any of the corporate offices/delivery stations in The Netherlands.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Proven experience in an operations and or process engineering/continuous improvement role.
· Extensive knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen techniques
· Competent in the use of programs such as Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline, Camtasia, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, Flash and video creation
· Excellent analytical skills and the ability to reduce complex problems into simpler ones.
· Experience on training and leading problem solving activities.
· Willingness to dive deep into processes and drive results
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired and solutions are not clear-cut.
· Excellent written and verbal communications
· Up to 50% travel
· Proven and demonstrable experience in a similar role.
· Black Belt certification or equivalent
· Demonstrated experience facilitating large scale kaizen events to deliver results.
· Confident at challenging the status quo, both influencing and challenging decisions at a senior management level.
· Experience on lean manufacturing tools (i.e. value stream mapping, Kaizen, Spaghetti Diagram, TOC, A3, TPM, root cause problem solving) to identify and develop solutions that drive operational improvement.
· Levels of high energy and drive for results.
· Fluent English and Dutch written and verbal
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.