We are looking for a Swim Designer that ensures that the brands identity is integrated into every single design. The Swim Designer will be responsible for the design of the mens and womens swimwear collection for an international fashion & lifestyle brand. Please note, the deadline to apply is Monday, August 30th at 12:00.
You will work together with the Senior Design Manager. You will work on 2 swimwear collections per year and any additional projects needed. Were looking for someone with a strong understanding of designing swimwear pieces.
- Implementing Swimwear specific trends to support the seasonal direction and market trends;
- Researching fabrics and trims for product in collaboration with the Sourcing and Production team;
- Suggesting innovative Swimwear design ideas that align with the brand identity;
- Designing mens & womens swimwear following the senior design directors vision;
- Presenting ideas and maintaining boards & presentations for Concept and Sketch Reviews;
- Working directly with suppliers and buying offices to ensure clarity of product development;
- Playing a role in digitizing the product chain and using 3D designs programs such as Lotta &VStitcher;
- Producing accurate tech packs for development and production;
- Updating the PLM system to provide product details;
- Ensuring proper handover of tech packs and product specification to the product development department and development sources.
- Submitting all relevant information needed for the development of the product such as original design, color indication, execution information, what fabrics and trims to use, placement of artworks;
- Traveling abroad for inspiration, visiting fairs and vendor visits.
Skills & Requirements:
- 5 years of experience in Fashion Design and preferably 2 years of experience in Swimwear;
- Bachelors degree in Fashion or related field;
- Knowledge of 3D design programs such as Lotta & VStitcher is a plus;
- Understanding of constructions and a high level of fabric knowledge, with experience across all types of products including swimwear is a plus;
- Understanding of trends, shapes and fabrics;
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/Photoshop) & hand-drawn skills;
- Business English fluency (both written and verbal);
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting;
- Work well in a team environment, utilizing strong communication skills;
- Ability to work in a highly productive, sometime hectic environment with a hands-on mentality.
What you can expect from our client:
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality;
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule;
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus awaiting you upon the return to the office.
Over de werkgever
One of the leading fashion design and marketing studios in the world. The company designs and markets designer collection apparel and a range of accessories. The brand's vision is characterized by minimal designs and wearable urban styles.
Wat wij bieden
Are you interested in the position and do you have the required skills and experience? Please send us your CV with a short letter of motivation. For more information feel free to call us at 020-5738383.
Please note that we agreed with our cl