Your responsibilities & requirements
We are Signify, formerly Philips Lighting.
We are the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
As a Cloud Test Engineer, you will be working in the dynamic Hue R&D development team alongside other engineers on one of the largest commercial IoT systems. We are greater together through peer learning in our globally diverse team, with different backgrounds and nationalities.
In this environment our customers should be able to rely on new functions whilst maintaining stability and high performance. To achieve this, we require a highly skilled and motivated tester that can work with the latest techniques and practices in the world of networked devices, cloud infrastructures, and agile software development.
Your role is to test and release functionality for the services in the Engagement and IoT teams with focus on the Hue cloud. You have strong experience in DevOps environments, CI/CD, testing, QA, and you have experience working in various cloud environments and Google Cloud Platform in particular. You have working experience with agile software development practices.
What you do
This position is a great opportunity for those who wish to gain knowledge in IoT systems at the largest IoT company in the world and at the same time develop and share your experience in testing, integration, and releasing activities with peers. You work alongside our software development engineers on our Hue lighting system on innovative solutions for our challenges in the IoT domain and user account domains.
- Translate the functional and non-functional requirements of new features into test requirements and test cases that are relevant for the Hue Cloud.
- Test and integrate the software for new cloud functionality to enable new customer experiences.
- Implement a test automation framework into a CI/CD pipeline according to the DevOps principles and contribute to operating the service after release.
- Learn and make improvements on the existing cloud functionality based on data gathered from the field to further enhance the customer experience.
- Work with our suppliers and make sure that delivered software pleases our end-users.
- Propose changes to improve the performance and quality of the cloud test framework and its processes.
- Innovate on our development practices and processes, and coach others in this domain. Support solutions for our continuous integration / continuous delivery environment.
What you need
You are a highly self-steering professional with a passion for home automation and networking, able to challenge and steer peers to deliver reliable and quality software releases.
- Proven experience with verifying and validation complex cloud software products, yet with a drive to push engineers to keep their designs simple, robust, and elegant so verification and validation is simple.
- Proven experience with verifying and validating features in a continuous delivery environment with daily deliveries to production.
- Experience with connectivity, networking, and IoT including typical challenges seen “in the last mile”.
- Proper understanding of security concepts.
- Drive to work data-driven and make decisions accordingly.
- Experience working with agile development techniques (scrum, continuous integration and delivery, pair programming).
- Creative mind with lots of curiosity and eagerness to learn.
- Good knowledge of English both written and verbal, excellent communication skills.
- The ambition to work with highly intelligent peers and business leaders in a vibrant, collaborative environment while developing the skills required to excel!
What you get in return…
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- A variable bonus based on both Signify results and personal performance.
- 25 Days of holidays and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually.
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching.
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package.
- Opportunity to buy Signify shares and products with discount.
What we promise
We are committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden