IT Business Analyst
Careers that Change Lives
Aligned with the global Medtronic business & IT strategy, we are expanding on the nexus of healthcare and technology. In that context, it’s crucial to understand the information technology used across various healthcare systems throughout the region, as we integrate processes and systems for our customers and patients. Our curiosity and learning agility based on fundamental technical skills to scout and assess new technologies in this domain is a key element for our success. We shape and enable new business models across the region in close collaboration with our business partners.
Do you like to explore unpaved roads? Are you keen to translate complex technology problems into simple business terms? Are you eager to learn about new healthcare technologies that will impact the lives of patients, drive value-based healthcare and help healthcare professionals to provide the best care to their patients? This is a great opportunity to join our team!
The Diabetes Group is working with the global community to change the way people manage diabetes. Together, we will transform diabetes care by expanding access, integrating care, and improving outcomes, so people with diabetes can enjoy greater freedom and better health.
The EMEA Connectivity and Insight team within Medtronic Diabetes Marketing and Strategy division optimises clinical outcomes and enhances the customer experience with new approaches that empower people on our therapies, by combining advanced data and analytics platforms, vital treatment insights and new service offerings.
We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
A Day in the Life
Maintain a cohesive and singular vision regarding the customer data management product portfolio, ensuring a relevant and actionable product roadmap for one of the fastest growing categories in the medical device industry. It is a fast-paced role in a rapidly progressing market and will offer significant opportunities to challenge the status quo and accelerate the adoption of device management software and connected solution portfolio
• An integral part of working with marketing, R&D, IT, WeCare, sales, education, reimbursement, medical affairs, clinical and technology from across global and EMEA regions to launch new products
• Lead market research and analysis efforts to develop value propositions and customer centric strategy
• Work closely with the upstream marketing, IT and R&D teams to ensure EMEA market needs are prioritised in the global connectivity product roadmap
• Work together with the downstream marketing, customer marketing and regional/country market and product support to develop brand architecture, messaging, and claims across multiple stakeholders and refine the strategic positioning of our device management software and connected solution portfolio across the Diabetes business units
• Develop our regional marketing strategy and build out global toolkits that include definition of KPIs for success and tools to monitor KPIs
You will shape key elements of commercial strategy, including:
• Direct to consumer marketing and channel development
• Provider marketing and KOL development
• Clinical education and marketing, including design of evidence generation strategies
• You will take a data-driven and customer-centric approach to driving product launch and commercial decisions
• You will have significant autonomy and strong visibility to leadership, providing a great platform for developing leadership skills and growth within the organization
• You will work with cross-functional and regional partners in a highly collaborative environment creating and steering your go to market team for local level execution of regional plan
Travel up to 40%, domestic and international
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
• Formulate recommendations and presentations on short and long range plans
• Work with cross-functional and regional partners to execute on key marketing programs
• Develop and validate business cases for various revenue generation activities, including global expansion or novel marketing programs
• Partner with Market Access, including value-based programs and new business models
• Interface with strategic external partners such as KOLs and vendors
• Create and refine messaging and campaigns to strategic stakeholders
• Work closely with local marketing sales team to understand the market and ensure consistency of marketing messages and strategy. Including regular customer and field visits across EMEA.
• Maintain an ongoing knowledge of the market and competition
• Manage product range including phasing-in/out of products
Must Have (Minimum Requirements):
• Bachelors degree required
• Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry
• Knowledge of diabetes medical device industry or pharma.
• Experience in working in digital health or with medical device software
• Strong track record of high achievement against current/past objectives.
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Flexibility: multiple and changing priorities
• Candid, ethical, patient and customer-focused
• Strong understanding of IT ecosystems
• Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of supervision
• Outstanding communication/interpersonal skills, a team player able to collaborate across different functions within a complex matrix organisation.
Nice to Have:
• MBA or Software specialisation degree
• Previous experience analyzing business models, business strategy, or product strategy
• Experience designing and executing a full marketing program from start to end
• Strong Product knowledge in the Diabetes device product area
• Sales / Technical Related Experience in Diabetes
• Global experience
• Experience applying research techniques, drawing conclusions and/or making recommendations based on data
• drawing conclusions and/or making recommendations based on data
In our 5th Tenet of our Mission we recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
Also a competitive package is of course part of that. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to all our employees:
• Flexible working environment;
• Annual Incentive Plan % depending on company results;
• Pension scheme and group discount on healthcare insurances
• Training possibilities via Cornerstone/Harvard Manage Monitor/GetAbstract
• Employee Assistance Program and Recognize! (our global recognition program)
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives.Help us shape the
Founded in 1949 as a medical repair company, we're now among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 86,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your own career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.Additional Information