Embrace the challenge and accelerate your growth with Amazon’s International Public Policy and Government Affairs Team.
The Public Policy Manager, Audiovisual Media Policy will join a growing and dynamic team that works across Europe, Middle East, Africa, India and Asia Pacific, in support of Amazon’s global consumer business. Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, forward thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers, both internal and external. The International Public Policy team works with a wide range of national, local, and supranational policymakers, industry organizations, non-governmental organizations and academia across numerous regulatory and policy issues spanning the consumer and commercial environment.
As Public Policy Manager, Audiovisual Media Policy, you will be responsible for engaging and partnering with policymakers, regulators, academia and other non-governmental groups in support of Amazon’s Prime Video and Amazon Studios content services, predominantly across Northern Europe. You will do so at the highest levels of government, policy-making and audiovisual media regulation community to ensure Amazon can continue providing an innovative and customer-centric entertainment experience. The Public Policy Manager will manage and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, partnerships, and initiatives in support of these objectives. You will work closely with Amazon’s national public policy teams and leaders across Northern Europe, and with Amazon Prime Video and Amazon Studio business colleagues and cross-functional partners across EU and internationally. You must be able to manage and drive complex projects, provide clear and confident business guidance, and be comfortable working with ambiguity. You will be a strong team player, able to work collaboratively within broader European and global structures, and able to earn trust and build partnership with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders. You will need to demonstrate an astute understanding of the EU public policy and regulatory environment for audiovisual media policy and regulation.
The Public Policy Manager will monitor and report on relevant legislative and regulatory activity, and develop positioning, collateral materials, and engagement strategies in partnership with in-country teams.
The Manager will be willing to travel internationally, based on business need.
The position is based in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Brussels or Munich.
· At least 10 years of relevant public policy experience, e.g. within corporate public policy and government relations, in public administration, trade associations or non-governmental organizations
· Possess a keen working understanding of policy-making processes and government relations, particularly as they relate to audiovisual policy and regulation
· Full written and spoken fluency in English
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills in English is required, and a proven ability to convey complex arguments in writing is a must.
· Highly effective interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at highest corporate and political levels.
· Possess and maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with a strong professional reputation in the industry.
· Proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures, as well as working independently.
· Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, understand business implications, and synthesize policy documents for internal and external customers.
· Proven track record of problem solving, strategic and lateral thinking.
· Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.
· Demonstrated experience developing and improving operational processes to drive business efficiencies.
· Proven ability to build effective partnerships with business owners and technical partners.
· A track record of highest integrity and public policy success.
· A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results. When the resources are not immediately at-hand, you enjoy reaching out to a wide array of internal and external resources to obtain, process, and operationalize information and strategy.
· Strong judgment and decision-making skills. You can confidently use experience and data to assess and recommend a best course of action even in an ambiguous situation.
· Expertise in audiovisual policy.
· Proficiency in Dutch, Swedish and/or Danish preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.