Are you a seasoned technology leader, who is passionate about cloud and the benefits it can bring to support the largest and most complex government customers in their journey to the cloud? Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Services. Continuing this success, Azure has expanded into the Government space with its mission-critical cloud, delivering breakthrough innovation and security to those customers and their partners. With world-class security, protection, and compliance, departments and agencies can accelerate cloud adoption with confidence, in a consistent hybrid environment designed for flexibility and scale. Azure for Government enables innovation with deeply integrated cloud services, advanced analytics, and an open application platform, that provides the building blocks to rapidly develop, deploy and manage intelligent solutions. Government customers can leverage the vast network of Microsoft’s technology partners and diverse marketplace offerings, to advance their mission and serve their citizens.
As we drive to be the leading cloud platform in the world, Azure Global Government Engineering team is hiring an exceptional Government Expansion Director to help accelerate our most strategic government customers’ adoption of Microsoft Azure by connecting our technical experience, along with our customers’ vision and challenges directly to the engineering product teams, and as a result help to ensure Azure is the most compelling solution on the market. We work across the broad range of Azure technologies understanding customer mission scenarios, cloud patterns and adoption blockers.
If so, the Azure Global Government (AGG) Team is looking for a seasoned and experienced engineering leader to help define and execute on our Government expansion strategy. You will partner closely with your colleagues, engineering, and infrastructure teams, as well as country leadership to drive adoption of Azure.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform and grow within our organization and to shape the adoption of Azure. We encourage you to apply to learn more.
The successful candidate must be customer obsessed, collaborative, and be able to apply principle-based thinking to critical problems to create outcome-oriented strategies. As a Government Cloud Expansion Director, it will be critical to influence, engender trust and leverage long-term relationships at a time when the Government’s going through one of the most complex transformations in history, especially in this secure environment and the challenge that adds.
You will engage directly with key business partners and government customers up to the CXO level, supporting partnerships and opportunities with tier one customers, whilst also driving large strategic and complex projects. Additionally, the successful candidate will establish partnerships and a unified strategy and execution model with the local subsidiary and provide transparency and situational awareness of Azure Engineering investments and priorities through regular engagement and reporting. You will be accountable to lead engagements with new Senior Government Stakeholders to understand and support their national strategy from an all-up Microsoft perspective, to include the following scope of responsibilities: Customer Success Management, Technical Leadership, and Winning New Business.
Customer Success Management
• Lead and Partner with Program Stakeholders and Customers to achieve their goals for digital transformation while maximizing Microsoft’s position across the digital estate within a customer and program.
• Lead the planning, development and technical orchestrion for program solutions with various product and services teams within Microsoft and its Partner Ecosystem and introduce those products and services within the region to enable customers to enhance digital transformation in alignment with customer objectives and program outcomes.
• Provide technical leadership, direction, and solutioning large enterprise cloud implementations across multiple projects, workstreams and external and internal teams.
• Ensure the successful implementation of Program Objectives. Develop the region strategy and milestones to achieve these Program Objectives.
• Develop strong internal relationships across a matrixed team of Technical Architects, Engineering, Account Teams and Support for the successful execution of program objectives.
• Assist with technical solutions to drive annualized growth and financial performance across multiple engagements in the program.
• Lead face-to-face customer reviews with senior management and establish trusted customer relationships that enable the customer to reach success in the shortest amount of time possible.
• Provide technical leadership for the customer organizations as well though evangelizing and aligning to their technical strategies (which include skills development, security, infrastructure etc.). Somewhere we should mention the need to understand and align commercial strategies as this individual will cover both when discussing with CXO.
Winning New Business
• Work with Business Development and Capture to Identify adjacent large, multi-year opportunities with the ability to shape Enterprise Program Technical Requirements.
• Work with Engineering and technical architects on a wide range of solutions to meet customers’ requirements as a part of both formal and informal capture effort. Design, Consult, and lead technical solutioning across a wide array of Azure programs.
• Demonstrated history of working in the Government space at the business decision maker CxO/board level
• The ideal candidate is a seasoned technical professional with multi-disciplinary cloud technology experience working in Government, who has the aspiration and potential to grow as a broad technical leader, especially in leading the solutioning and architecture for multi-year, large Azure cloud engagements of $5m-$250m working
• Excellent skills in all aspects of planning, cross-group collaboration, resource orchestration, communications, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, innovation, and the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead cross group/functional teams with a high degree of independence and success
• Ability to recognize, analyze, and act on go to market approaches, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships
• Building long term relationships and key influencers
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and share in large or highly strategic accounts
• Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
• 10+ years of success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
• Leadership experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Experience negotiation complex contracts terms to mitigate risk in partnerships
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Deep understanding and experience of the Intelligence and/or Security domain(s), key challenges, priorities and stakeholders
• Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Azure technologies and how these can be utilized to satisfy Intelligence and Security mission requirements
• Experience of managing software development teams within complex projects and highly regulated customer environments
• Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to handle sensitive situations involving critical and politically charged partner situations, to lead projects and to motivate others
• Experience of delivering Big Data, Analytics and AI solutions that have enabled customers to operate more effectively
• The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends
• Knowledge of cloud development platforms and understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.