Data Center Infrastructure Supply Chain Manager
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a Data Center Infrastructure Supply Chain Manager, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundation technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, XBOX, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. Empower Billions!
The Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) business is critical to delivering on this mission and vision, building and operating Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure, which is growing rapidly in response to unprecedented demand for Microsoft services. CO+I operates one of the largest cloud networks on the planet – comprised of more than 160 Datacenters, 130+ edge sites, 2+ million miles of fiber, and millions of servers and network and storage devices.
Microsoft Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind the cloud. We are responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services. Within CO+I, the strategic Datacenter Infrastructure Supply Chain team is responsible for establishing a supply chain that can meet the ever-growing expansion of the Microsoft Cloud and our customers. We support a portfolio of complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-billion, multi-year datacenter construction and lease projects and operations of those assets. We are looking to fill a critical role of Data Center InfrastructureSupply Chain Manager.
The Cloud Infrastructure and Operationsteam is seeking a seasoned Supply Chain Program Manager with the passion to drive value across complex supplier relationships and demonstrated experience in supplier management. Strong analytical skills, using data to design process that scale, effective collaboration across internal and external stakeholders, and the drive to continuously improve and achieve business objectives will be critical to success in this role.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day. Responsibilities
- Category Vision and Strategy: Creates, communicates, and maintains a category vision and strategy that is based on appropriate business intelligence, is following Microsoft policies, and has buy-in from stakeholders, Microsoft-wide.
- Strategic Sourcing: Creates, aligns, and maintains sourcing strategies to continuously re-evaluate and improve Microsoft procurement of goods and services.
- Negotiation Strategy: Develops negotiation strategies for appropriate purchasing scope.
- Supplier Selection: Oversees supplier selection and performance management. Ensures alignment to Microsoft business goals, throughout.
- Contracting: Understands industry contracting norms and Microsoft contracting requirements. Successfully facilitates negotiation of final contracts that achieve business goals.
- Supplier Engagement: Proactively segments suppliers and utilizes engagement programs to improve performance and achieve business goals.
- Continuous Improvement: always seeking ways to streamline, automate, and simplify processes. This will include deployment of tools, proficiency in data analytics, and ability to work with IT groups to provide system requirements.
As a Supply Chain Manager, some of the skills that will contribute to your success in meeting performance objectives include:
- Ability to synthesize information, business requirements, and stakeholder needs to make informed decisions and provide recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience engaging and influencing cross-functional stakeholders and senior executives.
- Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, attention to detail, and ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, drive, independence, and flexibility.
- Ability to think strategically while also staying on top of required day-to-day tactical execution, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunities along with generating new ideas to meet business goals.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm or disprove assumptions, and measure success.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, financial field (cost estimation, construction management, similar), Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, other applicable fields of study, combined with relevant work experience.
- Experience in supply chain/procurement, construction, or project management experience specifically with large complex Capital Projects.
- 5+ years of global account management in supply chain, strategic sourcing, contract negotiations, procurement, or other related experience.
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Certification or equivalent experience applying Lean, Six Sigma, PMI, PMP, or other process improvement and project management methodologies. Experience with other applicable frameworks also a plus.
- Ability to facilitate change management.
- Strong commercial understanding and experience driving developing contractual on key categories: Services (AE, GC, and other Construction Services suppliers cost structures), and/or Equipment (electrical / HVAC).
- Experience managing a variety of project delivery methods - ability to lead a project team in defining risk and developing the appropriate contracting and compensation approach.
- Experience within a data center environment, manufacturing, maritime engineering, energy sector, oil and gas industry, or another type of operations environment is a plus.
- High energy and drive to achieve results amid ambiguity and within a matrixed organization.
- Technical ability to write high quality contracts.
- Experience in developing and setting up sourcing plans, negotiation strategies, and effective execution.
- Excellent communicator that can interact with diverse groups across organizational levels.
- Ability to implement new processes and get buy in from a cross functional teams.
- Experience with developing and implementing organizational frameworks, standards, and processes.
- Demonstrated experience and success with delivering cross functional programs, including ownership, and driving results.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden