Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind one of the World’s largest Cloud Infrastructures, responsible for powering all Microsoft online Products and Services as well as powering Microsoft’s “Cloud First” mission. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide, and we are looking for passionate, high energy program managers to help achieve that mission.
If you want to have fundamental impact on how Microsoft’s Cloud is deployed and operated globally, want to be involved with one of the most strategically important teams at Microsoft, if , strong technical and business acumen, leadership, creativity, and out of the box thinking are some of the skills you bring to the table - this job is for you!
We are looking for experienced senior program managers with deep technical and business expertise, extraordinary leadership and demonstrated large-scale technical program management success. You should have exceptional industry knowledge, technical depth in the execution and delivery of DCs, and have the executive presence to lead complex and time sensitive initiatives.
In this role, the successful candidate will partner closely with key engineering leaders to drive programs focused on transforming how we deliver data centers to our customers. These programs will be on the leading edge of innovation and will include driving pilots and other experiments that shape ongoing strategy in delivering datacenters efficiently and on schedule. You balance strong analytical and technical skills with the ability to influence decision makers within the CO+I leadership and execution teams spread across the rest of Azure. You will also partner very closely with related teams including our design engineering, construction, networking and data center project management teams.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day. Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of data center programs from initiation through execution, enhancing business value across different program delivery dimensions
- Leverage technical acumen in mechanical/electrical systems, structures, networking, and building automation systems to facilitate engineering problem solving and ideation
- Differentiate Microsoft data center delivery to create a competitive advantage by applying ‘Best in Class’ project and program management expertise
- Manage cross-functional, geographically dispersed project teams like networking, procurement, and operations, creating connection across dispersed teams, processes, and systems
- Drive business results through a regimented focus on key performance indicators and business goals, promoting clarity and motivation to the project team to execute on time, under budget, while delivering high quality results with zero rework
- Apply world-class technical and competitive ecosystem knowledge to respond to competitive challenges in data center delivery
- Use experience and expertise to improve design templates and process
- Drive intelligence and automation in the datacenter delivery platform by using data to improve quality, delivery timelines, and cost performance, while reducing manual touches
- Design and drive implementation of reporting by interfacing with business, engineering, finance, operations, and systems teams to provide actionable insights
- Deliver on ambiguous projects with multiple stakeholders, unclear requirements and incomplete data
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent
- 5-8 years of project / program management experience
- Willingness and ability to obatain and maintain US government security clearance of Top Secret
- Experience driving execution with hyper-scale cloud engineering groups preferred.
- MBA preferred
- Should have a mix of technical and program management skills and experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates deep subject matter expertise on key functional areas of mechanical, electrical, networking, construction, or building automation systems
- 7+ years of program management / datacenter construction / network engineering experience; self-motivated, confident working at a senior executive level and comfortable working in a matrixed organization
- Strong program and project management skills
Technical program management experience managing scope, schedule, budget, quality, people, risk and communications
Demonstrably clear leadership skills and experience working with large, diverse teams
- Understanding of business and financial objectives and plans accordingly.
- Exceptional executive level communication and engagement skills
Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Track record of coaching teams and mentoring others in planning, organizing and coordinating their work.
- Demonstrated technical excellence in learning and applying successful strategies and implementing improvements to engineering methods and quality practices across the data center delivery portfolio.
- Professional PM certification, ESi, PMP, PMI, Prince 2 or equivalent
- Experience applying Earned Value Management techniques to measure project performance
- Experience managing large scale construction or network infrastructure projects
- Exceptional problem identification and problem resolution skills
and understanding of contract language
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden