Senior Engine Systems Engineer - Gears of War - The Coalition
The Coalition is a proven team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.
As an Senior Engine Systems Engineer at The Coalition, you will be a highly valued member of a world class Engine and Game Development team. You should have strong C++ skills, Unreal Engine experience (UE4), be comfortable with Perforce, and have a passion for problem solving. You are a generalist knowledgeable in areas such as Rendering, Systems, Audio, Gameplay and Animation. Responsibilities
- Integrate new releases of third party software with our current development branch.
- Consult with other Engineers on the team to create, change, adapt or refactor systems as required.
- Keep up with the upcoming changes and consult with other engineers regarding upcoming changes.
- Proactively work to reduce the need for engine changes (collaborate with 3rd party to get our changes integrated in the stock engine).
- Work with the rest of the infrastructure team to support and make the team more efficient.
- Profiling and optimization within these areas: low level performance, streaming and/or memory.
- 5-7+ years of engineering experience in software engineering for Xbox One, XSX or PC games.
- BSc degree or higher degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Highly proficient in C++ and object-oriented design programming.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Experience developing and optimizing multithreaded systems.
- Strong communication skills; ability to work closely with other high-caliber engineers and artists.
- Comfortably works with all disciplines found within a games studio.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of solid software engineering practices.
- Passion for playing as well as coding video games.
- Experience with the Unreal Engine.
- Experience integrating and supporting third party game technology SDKs.
- Proficient in Python or other popular high level scripting language.
- Experience building game engine tools and tool chains.
- C#/.Net experience.
- Experience programming for games, particularly 3D graphics and simulation programming.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden