Regional Director, Real Estate & Facilities, Asia
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. At Microsoft, we also work to empower our employees so they can achieve more. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and ensure employees have the freedom and reach to help make a difference in the world.
Microsoft’s Finance vision is focused on how business partnership leads to outcomes and how we drive impact. We do this through our core values – People, Prioritization, Partnership, and Protect. Microsoft’s Real Estate vision compliments both visions by enabling every person and every organization to achieve more through delivery of connected, accessible, sustainable workplaces in a secure environment. Microsoft’s Real Estate & Security (RE&S) organization is responsible for ensuring Microsoft’s 130,000 employees across 120 countries around the world have the best workplace experience each day. The goal for RE&S is to build and deliver the most connected, accessible, sustainable and secure campus on the planet. Our global portfolio includes over 34 million square feet over700 sites.
About the job
The Regional Director, Asia, based in Singapore, will report directly to the RE&S Director of International Real Estate Operations and Global Services and is responsible for directing the full life cycle of the real estate portfolio (strategy, planning, build/lease, operate,) for Microsoft’s Asia region.
The Asia portfolio is comprised of approximately 8.14M SF owned and leased real estate. The portfolio spreads across 20 countries in 108 facilities, housing 38,415 Microsoft employees. The position has direct management responsibility for 14 FTEs and outsourced vendor workforce. This individual will work proactively with the business group leaders, finance controllers and internal partners to align the portfolio with business and financial requirements and will be responsible for achieving measurable year-over-year improvements in quality, service, and business satisfaction. The Regional Director must be a strong leader and a team player, that thrives in a start-up like, fast-paced environment.
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Manage, lead, and develop direct reports including: clearly communicating performance standards; ensuring that all team members have annual, measurable priorities and that all employees receive timely, annual performance reviews against those commitments; and ensuring that team members have updated career development plans and receive appropriate career coaching.
- Drive culture, values and behavior consistent with an "exceptional" RE&S team. Identify and execute best practices within the region to support the continuous development of global knowledge base.
- Cultivate a culture of collaboration and inclusion.
- Lead as an active people developer and build a high-performing team.
Real Estate Program Management
- Drive proactive planning and management of the region's real estate portfolio in cooperationcentral real estate and finance organizations..
- Accountable for oversee and ensure successful delivery of the RE&S services and projects within the region, including capital plans, forecasting, rhythm of business (RoB) and budgeting.
- Oversee the breadth of facilities management services within the region, health and safety, A/V, reception, cleaning, food/beverage and transportation etc. Provide a safe working environment for all FTEs and vendors.
- Monitor and report the performance of key regional contractors, vendors, and suppliers. Track their performance and provide them with feedback using formal review procedures and scorecards. Ensure that performance issues are quickly addressed.
Client and Partner Relationship Management
- Develop trusted relationships and maintain an effective network across the business group to ensure alignment and drive a “One Microsoft” approach.
- Partner with the regional Vice Presidents, Country Managers and Controllers to ensure that occupation demand measurements and RE&S strategy and operational plans are aligned.
- Set clear expectations with regional Controllers and Business Group executives in the areas of real estate long range planning, workplace strategies, costs, etc. Drive business initiatives for the improvement and development of Microsoft's overall business model.
- Take an ownership approach with a global perspective in recommending and implementing activities to capture operational and financial benefits for Microsoft.
- Ensure effective regional and local relationships and processes with intersecting partner groups, Core Services Engineering, Procurement, Security, Finance, Legal and HR.
- Engages with and manages the relationship and the performance with service providers on a quarterly basis. Establishes goals and tracks key performance indicators (KPIs) to gauge vendors' performance. Resolves escalated issues from service providers.
Strategy and Compliance
- Ensure alignment between the RE&S strategy and activities at the global, regional and site levels.
- Ensure that RE&S is in compliance with all statutory regulations, Microsoft policies and controls.
- Drives and delegates the development and implementation of efficient process updates and optimizations.
- Fully accountable for the execution of the regional and/or global budget. Oversees the budgetary execution.
- Partners with clients on a high-level regional or strategic leaders to build an aligned strategy, understand customer requests, shares information, drives action across teams, overcomes obstacles by resolving issues, and engages stakeholders to fulfill goals.
- Creates the environment that would foster the team to deliver against safety and regulation policies.
- B.S. in Finance, Engineering, Architecture or Construction/Project Management. MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 10 years of experience in management/leadership role in an operationally oriented line of business, preferably within a multinational corporate environment. Key areas of experience are executive client relationship management, corporate real estate, strategic vendor management, financial management of significant operating and/or capital budgets, and management of cross-geographic and cross-team initiatives.
- Experience managing corporate real estate and facilities functions is preferred and will be viewed as positive and balanced with meeting requirements noted above.
- 5 years of experience leading FTE teams. Manager and employee feedback that supports a high degree of organizational effectiveness / Organizational health.
- 5 years managing remote employees (working in different time zones and countries).
- Managed a highly vendor leveraged organization. Demonstrated ability to rationalize FTE versus vendor roles and drive efficient management process to ensure vendor performance.
- Ability to operate a sound organizational structure and clearly define roles for team members. Develop an operational plan that is integrated and aligned to overall Microsoft Strategy.
- Ability to identify, retain, coach, and develop future RE&S leaders.
- Ability to motivate, influence, and gain team buy-in behind global or regional RE&S initiatives and strategies.
- High degree of cultural awareness and demonstrated experience in working with and understanding regional cultures.
- Strong communications (written and verbal) skills. Demonstrated experience in negotiations and influencing skills at a senior level including presentation to “C Suite” members. Strong relationship management skills; able to develop "trusted advisor" status with business group mid and senior level management tiers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden