Bing Image and Video Search are among the most loved features on Bing and are among Bing’s strongest differentiators that keep users coming back. The features are consistently a driver for Bing’s growth, and the team is focused on accelerating this impact & growth.
Images & videos inspire and entertain, enabling people to learn & do more. Beyond web search for images, we also have bold ambitions and the industry-leading technology to go even further. Camera images & videos can be the input to a search, results are recommended based on a deep understanding of the user’s ongoing tasks, and multimedia becomes a core part of the user journey – helping users inspire, discover and complete tasks.
As part of the Bing Multimedia team, you’ll be part of creating this future. You’ll drive product experiences working with multiple teams to research, design, develop, experiment, measure and market features and new ideas in the Images & Video space.
• Define the product vision of small and large features, defining the scope, goals, and priority & driving them from consensus among the team and stakeholders through to execution
• Express features in simple, clear scenarios, problem statements, requirements and specifications used by stakeholders, designers, developers
• Work with the design and user research teams to dream and push the boundaries on user experiences built on top of platform capabilities
• Use hypothesis driven product development and data-driven decision making to perform analysis, propose ideas, iterate, and change the product direction
Stay on top of technology trends and drive new ideas/concepts/technologies into the product
• 4+ years of experience shipping multiple releases and versions of end-user facing products and services
• 4+ years of experience in Program or Product Management, supporting a product’s user experience
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Human Computer Interaction or similar
• Strong user empathy, passion for design and UX intuition
• Experience with hypothesis driven product development and data-driven decision making, including testing and A/B experimentation
• A service background with experience in iterative development on a scaled web / app product
• An entrepreneurial spirit: a self-starter, problem solver and highly driven to grow our product usage & engagement
• Leadership and collaborative skills: ability to work effectively with a large number of partners and customers
• Experience leading & driving complex cross group initiatives from defining the vision to execution across multiple teams
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.