Benefits Business Partner
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Global Benefits has an outstanding career opportunity to build on your great experience in employee Benefits within the dynamic environment of Microsoft Human Resources. This position is part of the Work & Life team within Global Benefits that provides disability case management and the management of complex participant inquiries for Microsoft benefits plans and programs in the United States. This team closely partners with the Global Benefits Strategy & Design Program Managers, Operations functions and Customer Support team to resolve complex issues. Responsibilities
- Program Management – You deliver end to end disability case management for all U.S. leaves of absence, return to work, workers’ compensation and survivor support processes.
- This position also has responsibility for researching and resolving complex individualized leave and disability benefits interactions with U.S. employees and their dependents.
- Builds relationships and partners with internal teams (e.g., legal, HR, managers, payroll) to review and manage leave of absence reqeusts.
- Program Design & Adaptation - You help identify benefits design issues and/or process breakdowns, and make recommendations to improve design.
- Benefits Education & Consultation - You deliver benefits presentations to internal audiences during annual processes and programs, such as open enrollment and new employee orientation.
- Audits leave of absence and payroll records and answers questions related to policy, tools, and web content. Solves escalations (e.g. Tier II) and escaltes serious issues to management.
- Embodyour culture and values
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Benefits Knowledge - Knowledge of the major benefits areas, including medical, pharmacy, dental, life, disability, employee assistance program paid time off, retirement. This includes knowledge of industry trends, plan terms and legal language, and best practices.
- Benefits Presentations - The ability to present benefit issues to employees on behalf of the plan in a clear and understandable manner. This includes the ability to present to all types of employees (for example, orientation for new hires, open enrollment meetings) and respond to questions and difficult situational issues.
- Benefits Management - Knowledge of the benefits offered by the company including their administration, rules, and details (e.g., health insurance, pension plans, retirement planning, dependent care programs, disability insurance, severance, tuition refunds, vacations and holidays, sick leave, life insurance).
- Negotiations - The ability to achieve mutually satisfying agreements in negotiations with others by listening to their objectives, acting as the company's representative to effectively communicate the company's objective, and seeking common ground and collaborative solutions.
- Consulting - The skill to influence others, develop and maintain working relationships, and deliver results and/or expertise for a client in a professional manner.
- Compensation and Benefit Laws - Knowledge of local, federal, and international regulations that affect compensation and benefit plans (e.g., Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). This includes knowledge of regulations that cover defined benefit/contribution plans and health and welfare plans.
- 4+ years in HR, Benefits or related roles OR Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Social Sciences or related field OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience managing a benefits or related program
- 1+ years of experience with disability case management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden