Customer Experience & Success
• Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
• Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
• If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
• Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
• Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
• Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
• One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
• Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
Support Escalation Engineers (SEE) serve as Senior technical leaders for Microsoft customers and partners, via phone, email chats, forums and web. They deliver value by collaboratively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, promoting product quality and enhancements, and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. SEEs contribute to the success of others through mentoring peers, delivering one-to-many education and advising Managers on the development of the Team.
The strong suit of an SEE is in employing problem isolation techniques, assets, and product knowledge to solve problems. They investigate and solve highly complex technical issues requiring expert product or service knowledge. They act as a subject matter expert regarding product / configuration and will often employ sophisticated troubleshooting tools such as analysis of event logs, component traces, and performance traces to resolve customer issues. SEEs collaborate with experts from across the business, including our Development Teams.
Do you want to join an elite and distinguished team? Do you like complex challenges? Are you passionate about working directly with Microsoft customers and partners to help them accelerate their transformation towards a digital transformation organization?
If so, the Support Escalation Engineer position in the Microsoft Customer Service and Support Organization is a unique career opportunity for you!
We are a diverse team who is proud to shape future technologies and deliver industry-leading services across the globe. As a member of that team, you will aspire to be our customers’ and partners’ trusted advisors to fuel some of the largest and most complex IT solutions in the world. You will constantly be exposed to cutting-edge software, services and devices.
Support Escalation Engineers (SEE) specialize in product configuration. As an SEE, you will investigate and solve critical, complex, technical issues and employ problem isolation techniques and product knowledge to solve problems. You will use sophisticated tools and analysis requiring the highest skill level of conflict resolution and collaboration. You will be responsible for building robust relationships across the business engaging with high profile individuals in order to deliver a quality support experience enabling overall customer success. We are also passionate about knowledge sharing and prioritize continuous learning and feedback sessions to provide ongoing mentoring within the technical support community.
We seek out people who: · Are thoughtful, analytical leaders · Have a passion for technology and continuous learning · Thrive in dynamic, high-stress environments · Are eager to collaborate and build strong relationships · Are able to see a problem from many angles · Embrace multicultural environmentsResponsibilities
• Obsess about and know our customers and partners, responding to and resolving the most critical customer issues
• Role Model the Customer eXperience Framework CARE behaviours
• Seeks information about the underlying needs of customers, developing and communicating realistic outcomes
• Conducts in-depth analysis of problems, including leading triage meetings
• Allocates and aligns resources to optimize the customer experience; acts as a mentor and role-model
• Demonstrates expertise in a specific solution, or several products, feature functions, or services
• Takes ownership for product improvement in a focus area through strong working knowledge of pre-release products
• Cultivates relationships, credibility, and loyalty with customers and partners intentionally by sharing relevant business expertise
• Contributes to the creation of resources (tools, scripts, diagnostics, content) to improve troubleshooting
The primary responsibilities of a Support Escalation Engineer includes handling complex customer issues that’s being escalated to you and provide a timely resolution in agreement with customer.
The responsibilities also include :
Scoping and documenting customer scenarios, potential causes and troubleshooting steps
Ensuring compliance with schedules; processes and MS policies and values. Foster positive customer relationships and build customer loyalty in Microsoft, while effectively managing challenging situations.
Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management.
Demonstrate leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences.
Own and resolve technically complex mission critical or politically hot customer issues, Be responsive to customer needs which may sometimes require working outside of normal business hours.
Maintain strong working knowledge of released products, take ownership for product improvement, and participate in pre-release activities and BETA programs.
Interact with other engineers to provide technical action plans or take ownership of cases that require escalation.
Share knowledge with others through solution documents, contribute to social media, engage technical communities,
build automated self-help solutions and create training.
Coordination with product group and good at technical deliveryQualifications
English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
Required (Mandatory) Skills:
SIP & SFB roles
Understanding of VOIP . Dial-in conferencing
Excellent understanding of voice work in hybrid scenario & voice gateways/PBX (Understanding of voice codecs eg G.711, G.729)
Migration from on-prem to SFB Online or to Teams
Direct Routing – CCE
Normalization and EWS works
Voicemail – Auto-Attendant - Call Queue – Conferencing
Tools - Fiddler / Netmon or Wireshark, Solid understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technologies fundamentals
Exchange / SPO Integration with Teams
Desired (Good to have) to have Skills:
Guest Access and AAD sync from AD perspective
Teams Room System - IP phone devices
O365 Security & Compliances
Good with SIP, RTP, HTTP protocols.
Fair understanding of Lync/Skype for business server roles (Front end, Director, Mediation, Reverse Proxy..)
Understanding and troubleshooting knowledge on TCP/TLS protocols
Proven knowledge and experience with the deployment of supporting technologies Exchange, Active Directory, SQL
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.