Customer Experience & Success
• Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
• Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
• If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
• Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
• Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
• Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
• One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
• Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
Support Escalation Engineers (SEE) serve as Senior technical leaders for Microsoft customers and partners, via phone, email chats, forums and web. They deliver value by collaboratively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, promoting product quality and enhancements, and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. SEEs contribute to the success of others through mentoring peers, delivering one-to-many education and advising Managers on the development of the Team.
The strong suit of an SEE is in employing problem isolation techniques, assets, and product knowledge to solve problems. They investigate and solve highly complex technical issues requiring expert product or service knowledge. They act as a subject matter expert regarding product / configuration and will often employ sophisticated troubleshooting tools such as analysis of event logs, component traces, and performance traces to resolve customer issues. SEEs collaborate with experts from across the business, including our Development Teams.
Looking to join an exciting industry and organization that is at the forefront of the next Tech industry transformation? The transformation that is occurring within the tech industry is being accelerated by the maturity and rapid adoption of cloud computing. This rapid adoption across organizations is changing the needs and expectations of customers in the partnership with their vendors.
If you enjoy using technology creatively, overcoming complex technical challenges, and working as part of a team with some of the best people in the industry, then CSS is the place for you. Come join an organization that supports work-life balance, personal & professional development, and diversity.Responsibilities
• Obsess about and know our customers and partners, responding to and resolving the most critical customer issues
• Role Model the Customer eXperience Framework CARE behaviours
• Seeks information about the underlying needs of customers, developing and communicating realistic outcomes
• Conducts in-depth analysis of problems, including leading triage meetings
• Allocates and aligns resources to optimize the customer experience; acts as a mentor and role-model
• Demonstrates expertise in a specific solution, or several products, feature functions, or services
• Takes ownership for product improvement in a focus area through strong working knowledge of pre-release products
• Cultivates relationships, credibility, and loyalty with customers and partners intentionally by sharing relevant business expertise
• Contributes to the creation of resources (tools, scripts, diagnostics, content) to improve troubleshooting
We provide Intune support for the most critical enterprise customers. We are looking for true technical leaders to join us and lead the way! We are looking for engineers who are relentlessly customer-centric, problem-solvers, strong collaborators, and risk-takers that embrace that challenger mindset. We’re looking for someone who embodies customer obsession and empathy. Someone who is adept at getting to the root of the issue, regardless of where the code base resides. Beyond troubleshooting complex technical problems and managing critical situations, the candidate should be passionate of driving bigger impacts – being increasing customer values, improving diagnostic tools and/or driving product feedback.
The Support Escalation Engineer’s primary responsibilities include:
Ability to quickly identify customer issues and being able to conduct in-depth diagnostics on Intune product and services representing Microsoft, communicating with enterprise customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service regarding technically problems identified in Microsoft software products and manage relationships with those customers.
The potential candidate should be able to handle technical complex issues as well as politically charged situations requiring the highest level of customer skill.
Handles customer issues through collaboration, resolution, or escalation to provide a great experience.
Drives his or her own case-wellness and ensures that key stakeholders and customers are up-to-date on the resolution status of their issue, through effective written and verbal communication.
Ability to constantly be learning as the product evolves continually.
Be able to work and collaborate with internal teams including engineering group effectively.
Research unchartered and undocumented areas. It is a plus for the ideal candidate if it is someone that has a passion for coding and enjoys occasionally writing code in efforts to understand. Familiarity of compiling and development environments would be great.Qualifications
English Language: fluent in reading, writing and speaking.
At least 5 years of IT or Technical Support experience (in Tier 3 Intune support).
B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Subject Matter Expert knowledge of one or more of the following domains:
Strong knowledge of: any Windows OS, Mobile device OS, Client/Server knowledge, understanding of Cloud services, Mobile device configuration and app deployment
Nice to have would include: Exchange, SCCM, Cloud products like Azure, Office 365 and Power Shell
Expert level industry experience with Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Management, including Intune or third-party solutions
Strong problem-solving skills includes troubleshooting, problem analysis and resolution, good judgment/decision making ability.
Genuine passion for technology and desire and aptitude to increase technical skill level required.
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
Working knowledge of ADFS
Active Directory concepts such as Kerberos, LDAP, Certificates and Security Groups.
Working knowledge of Secure Token Services (ADFS or similar)
Experience with network connectivity
Knowledge of Cloud Identity (Azure Active Directory, AAD Sync, Role-based access control)
Programming background in PowerShell, C#, Java
Background in relational databases such as SQL
Familiar with Visual Studio or some other IDE
Debugging skills, aware of the concepts of a stack, crash and able to review and understand code flow
Working knowledge or networking with clear understanding of TCP/IP, including CIDR, routing and DNS; understanding of HTTP/HTTPS, including the ability to capture and interpret Fiddler traces.
Understanding of proxy servers, firewalls and VPN.
Understanding of 3rd party VPN solutions
Exchange on-premises and/or Exchange Online.
Experience with troubleshooting and configuring mobile device email connectivity.
Knowledge of the Exchange ActiveSync communication protocol and mobile device mailbox policies.
Familiarity with Exchange Hybrid.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.