M365 Big Data team is hiring software engineers to work on big data pipeline and dataset for Office/Windows worldwide. Hundreds of millions of global customers use Microsoft products every day, hundreds of Microsoft products, applications and service running every day. The engineering, telemetry and signals, datasets behind this are at world’s largest scale: 500+ PB. Our team is responsible to define the unified data concept cross whole Office/Windows/Browser products; deliver large scale, highly aggregated, lower cost and compliant dataset to Office team broadly. We span our portfolio for Microsoft world-class products (M365, Windows, Browser) and workload (ExchangeOnline, SharePoint, Teams, Skype, etc.) and applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, OutlookMobile, etc.), target is 100% coverage. We also collaborate with data scientists/product teams/sales/marketing teams to gain more product insights, maximize customer value, and reduce cost, grow business. Our mission is to deliver the data necessary to grow the Office business.
By joining us, you will become experts on big data and spend your impact to all of the key Microsoft product over the map. In our team, you will have opportunity to learn from thousands of Microsoft engineers all over the world and learn in certain depth of each Product from dataming perspective. There are lots of chances and challenges that you can show your passion and talents in big data, improve the efficiency and reliability of the platform, pursue engineering excellence, and make tremendous influence!Responsibilities
Your responsibilities include:
• Design and build highly efficient, reliable, lower cost data processing platform.
• Design and build high quality, unified schema dataset cross Office.
• Design and build telemetry, monitoring system to guarantee high quality and SLA dataset.
• Ensure Office/Windows/Browser Common dataset meet compliance requirement (GDPR, DMOJ, etc.).
• Work with Office/Windows/Browser product teams in different geo location to onboard data into common dataset.
• Support downstream team in different geo location to consume common dataset.
• Research, analyze, and investigate optimization opportunities on Microsoft Big Data.
• Ensure Office/Windows/Browser capacity stay in allocated quota by optimization in both storage and processing.
The ideal candidate must have:
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field
• Solid Computer Science fundamentals
• Solid coding skills (no language restrictions)
• Solid problem analysis and solving skills.
• Strong communication skills. (Good written English, Avg+ oral English).
• Accountable and proactive.
• Good Cross-team collaboration skills is a plus.
• Datamining and data pipeline knowledge is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.